ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I like how it ends with japanese submarine
They were referring to how the Soryu class battery powered submarines were using components developed by Toyota and other Japanese car manufacturers. And that Toyota being behind in EV tech is a good thing since Japanese submarines will be less of a threat to China. I know it sounds like broken logic because this article is full of broken logic.

Also the author seem to be living under a rock because they believe UX300e represents the best EV technology Toyota/Japan has. This person is blinded by some national pride.

Still, there are quite bit of worthy data in this article. The criticism on battery heat management is well deserved.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
They were referring to how the Soryu class battery powered submarines were using components developed by Toyota and other Japanese car manufacturers. And that Toyota being behind in EV tech is a good thing since Japanese submarines will be less of a threat to China. I know it sounds like broken logic because this article is full of broken logic.

Also the author seem to be living under a rock because they believe UX300e represents the best EV technology Toyota/Japan has. This person is blinded by some national pride.

Still, there are quite bit of worthy data in this article. The criticism on battery heat management is well deserved.

yeah, that is what i got from it, even with translator

Will1991

Reactions
Competition is here, the EQA250

Let's see the difference between the Mercedes and Lexus:

Lexus UX300eMercedes EQA250
Base price (Germany)47.550€47.540€ (Minus 3.000€ launch discount)
Usable Battery54.kWh66,5kWh
Motor150kW140kW
Range (NEDC)400km486km
AC Charging6,6kW11kW
DC Charging50kW (CHAdeMO)100kW (CCS)
Warranty10Y / 1M km8Y / 160k km (To be confirmed)
Consumption159Wh/km156Wh/km
Battery CoolingAirLiquid

EQA is also a bit bigger and more spacious. An higher range (>500km WLTP) and powerful (200kW) should arrive soon.
Order book for the EQA will open 4th Feb...

Lexus really needs to improve the overall specification... Warranty alone can't justify all of this...

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
with electric cars being devoid of any emotion, even more focus should put on exterior and interior styling. but quite the contrary is happening, they are getting as generic as possible with same shapes, layouts and "minimalist" styling. they are becoming smartphones, thousands variations all the same, a far cry from pre-smartphone era with nokia, motorola, samsung and lg.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
We are going towards the bar phone manufacturing process but with cars

Unfortunately the car manufacturers will be dead in comparison to one another

Will1991

Reactions
I know it's a small accomplishment, but the first 9 UX300e in Portugal have been registered in January!

If I'm not mistaken, we've 9 Lexus dealers spread around our country, so it makes sense this 9 are test drive units to be placed at each dealer.