bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
A year ago If I remember correctly, during the Supra release time frame and when LCF rumors was still in the air I think he said some of the F engineers moved to the GR side of things(don't quote me on this). Hence, the reason I will assume they are having trouble of what badge it should have.

Reactions
A year ago If I remember correctly, during the Supra release time frame and when LCF rumors was still in the air I think he said some of the F engineers moved to the GR side of things(don't quote me on this). Hence, the reason I will assume they are having trouble of what badge it should have.
IIRC wasn't it the other way around?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2022-03-20-lexus-rc-f-gt3.jpg

The Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3 entries both finished seventh in their respective classes during Saturday’s Twelve Hours of Sebring in Florida.
Jack Hawksworth, Ben Barnicoat and Aaron Telitz ran among the top five in the GTD PRO class the majority of the race in the #14 RC F GT3. Telitz was in third place fighting for a podium finish the car ran out of fuel with less than two laps to go and went on to finish seventh.
The #12 Lexus finished seventh in the GTD class with drivers Scott Andrews, Frankie Montecalvo and Richard Heistand behind the wheel. The #12 also ran among the top-10 in class much of the day, but contact with a competitor damaged the headlights, forcing the team to make repairs before finishing seventh.
The Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3s return to action in the first sprint race of the season at the Long Beach Street Circuit on Saturday, April 9.

Continue reading...

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 5650

it wasn’t a pretty end. I was with the team in the pits at the end. Lexus Racing hosted a great event again and I’ll post up A recap .

I was watching and when the DPi battle came through and I saw the Lexus moving slowly. That's too bad. Was it in 3rd when it ran out of fuel?

I missed how they took care of the vinyl wrap that was coming off of the hood.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was watching and when the DPi battle came through and I saw the Lexus moving slowly. That's too bad. Was it in 3rd when it ran out of fuel?

I missed how they took care of the vinyl wrap that was coming off of the hood.

Yes we were in third.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Any news on Lexus potentially joining LMDh? There was rumor last year they are considering it. I suppose this would be a good place to race their new V8 just like BMW is going to do next year.

I don't think LMH will last much longer. There is simply not enough support and too expensive for manufacturers.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Reactions
Any news on Lexus potentially joining LMDh? There was rumor last year they are considering it. I suppose this would be a good place to race their new V8 just like BMW is going to do next year.
I'll give a more vague answer here at first.

Lexus will be doing endurance racing at the top class as a TRD North America effort in the next few years. For some time they were considering doing LMDh and putting one of their already existing performance engines or develop a new engine for a LMDh chassis. The question is that who would be building it with them? I guess Vasser-Sullivan?

Now very recently they came out and said that since Toyota is considering developing a successor to the GR010 (for numerous potential advantageous reasons), they may consider rebadging some Toyotas and race as their own outfit.

Regardless of the how they want to race, we know that they do want to race in the very near future.
I don't think LMH will last much longer. There is simply not enough support and too expensive for manufacturers.
This is not true. Toyota (and potentially Lexus), Peugeot, Ferrari, Glickenhaus, and ByKolles will be racing hypercars. It's far from dead and the regulations have freedom in their own ways that LMDh doesn't. It's definitely not dead nor will be dying anytime soon.

LMDh is Acura (starting 2024 in Le Mans), Lamborghini (2024 in Le Mans as well), Porsche, BMW, Cadillac. Audi has pulled out and been messing around with WRT's time, so WRT will work with BMW. We're not sure if Audi will return.

mikeavelli

Reactions
IMSA works well for Lexus because it’s very fan oriented and the the race cars resemble the product line. The issue with some of the other series mentioned is the cars bear no resemblance to the actual product so for many people it’s hard to draw a parallel to the brand. I think this might be truer for a Lexus fan since the racing program is very young.

Lexus won quite a bit with Prototypes in the early 2000s but they look nothing like a production car.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
IMSA works well for Lexus because it’s very fan oriented and the the race cars resemble the product line. The issue with some of the other series mentioned is the cars bear no resemblance to the actual product so for many people it’s hard to draw a parallel to the brand. I think this might be truer for a Lexus fan since the racing program is very young.

Lexus won quite a bit with Prototypes in the early 2000s but they look nothing like a production car.

But another thing to keep in mind is that 2023 will be the last year for the GTE class at Le Mans. From 2024 and on Le Mans will switch to GT3 spec cars which coincides with the GT3 specifications changing.

Lexus could choose to run both sides of the Atlantic in IMSA and WEC and try to go for a Le Mans win in GT3 with their new car.

mikeavelli

Reactions
But another thing to keep in mind is that 2023 will be the last year for the GTE class at Le Mans. From 2024 and on Le Mans will switch to GT3 spec cars which coincides with the GT3 specifications changing.

Lexus could choose to run both sides of the Atlantic in IMSA and WEC and try to go for a Le Mans win in GT3 with their new car.
Very good points