Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Congratulations to the #14 Vasser-Sullivan Lexus RC F driven by Jack Hawksworth, Ben Barnicoat and Kyle Kirkwood. They won the season ending Petit Le Mans this past weekend at Road Atlanta. They finished 2nd on track but were awarded the win when the 1st place Risi Ferrari was penalized and moved to the rear of the field for exceeding maximum drive time for one of it's drivers.

The #12 Lexus didn't fare so well as it's race was ended in a crash with a Cadillac prototype in hour 4.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Lexus unveils LC500h to race in Japanese Super GT series.

super-gt-2023-lexus-2-2.webp

lexus-1.jpg

undefined-1673578966446.jpg

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I was hoping Jack could hold off the #79 but it just seemed like it was a matter of time before the Mercedes passed him.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Yeah mahn,, they had the faster car and it showed… again for the RC F to be this competitive is just amazing…

View attachment 6686

It was an old school weekend. Mercedes, Lexus, Aston Martin, NSX, McLaren 720 were all competitive. The brand new Ferrari 296, Porsche 992 based 911, and Lamborghini Huracan Evo2, and BMW M4 were not.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The RC-F has quite big restrictor allowances (2x37mm) compared to competitors so they get more power. I think they actually have the highest airflow allowance out of all cars. 33mm restrictors on the 911 is brutal, that's only 80% the allowed airflow compared to RC-F.

Reactions
Great job Gazoo for another great win, continuing the legacy of the LFA. Although IIRC LFA competed in SP8 class and was finishing 1st in class and something like 14th (or maybe 30 something) overall? I truly miss the LFA days, maybe if they went up in class, the LFA could've been winning the N24 outright? I'm not a big racing fan so excuse my ignorance but LFA days were truly exciting for me.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
RCF just got the interior touchscreen update.. pretty sure it's got at least 1 or 2 more model years in it