Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
With that light bar going all across the rear that's got to be some sort of Lexus race car teaser. It would match the current trend corporate is going with the new NX. Again pure speculation on my part.

Will1991

Reactions
@Jezza819 , it's really close:

-> Toyota (?) GR Sport
image.png

-> NX
image.png

-> LX
image.png

Can this be an early design preview for the 2RC with a engine variation from the (supposedly dead) GR Super Sport?

But it's missing the spindle grill....

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
@Jezza819 , it's really close:

-> Can this be an early design preview for the 2RC with a engine variation from the (supposedly dead) GR Super Sport?

No, not the RC…

They cancelled LCF and LSF because they weren’t extreme enough to be F cars.

Toyota comes out and says we need to create the race car, and then derive street cars from it.

They’ve shown you the SSB Lexus Sports car inspired by the LFA.

Toyota came out and said first SSBs likely to be 2025, in hybrid systems to start.

They then show this off.

I’m actually hopeful they show off more… specifics of the next high performance Lexus.

I am quite hopeful about future small sports coupes as an aside, whether it’s called the RC or not.

1642184273364.png
1642184294041.jpeg
078D2441-E134-4B32-83F4-692FCE542B60.jpeg
1642184526283.jpeg

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
@CRSKTN well remembered!
I can see the resemblance between this new GR GT3, the back end from the LFA and the front end from the new Lexus coupe.
But wasn't that an EV concept?
I'm finding this concept really intriguing!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Kind of off topic...I've always wondered what those flaps are sitting right on top of the brake lights

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
@CRSKTN
But wasn't that an EV concept?

I addressed this. They said solid state batteries, which Toyota had said will first arrive as hybrid applications around 2025.

Hybrid power supercar is my belief.

Toyotas use of “electric vehicles” and “electrified” I feel is intentionally vague as to include transitionary hybrid models, some of which may linger in select markets not ready for EV.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
I feel like this might've been exactly what that Racer article all those months ago was teasing. Ground up design built around GT3, looks awesome! I can see the parallels people are drawing with the rear and the LFA + new design language all around. Can't wait to see the production version of this reach the racetrack!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Kind of off topic...I've always wondered what those flaps are sitting right on top of the brake lights
To reduce wake turbulence.

The fast low pressure air flowing over the roof mix with the stagnant high pressure air behind the car, creating a zone of turbulence. This increases drag. Those aerodynamic pieces divert air upwards to reduce this turbulence hence reducing drag.

Another way of doing this is to make the tail very long and sloped (like MB EQXX) so the low pressure air stream hits the ground generating a 'wall' that prevents turbulence from forming.

mikeavelli

Reactions
A lot of energy for Rolex tho it’s gonna be cold!!! Townsend Bell has joined us for the 24 hours. We will have the first ever Lexus Parade Laps for VIP Owners and Enthusiasts. A ton of executives and dealers will be here as well. I have my hands in a few things including putting together quickly two IS 500s for Lexus Racing.

More to come!

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
A lot of energy for Rolex tho it’s gonna be cold!!! Townsend Bell has joined us for the 24 hours. We will have the first ever Lexus Parade Laps for VIP Owners and Enthusiasts. A ton of executives and dealers will be here as well. I have my hands in a few things including putting together quickly two IS 500s for Lexus Racing.

More to come!

Yeah the night time is going to be very interesting. At temperatures that cold with no tire warmers allowed going onto very cold new tires will be an adventure. Even during longer caution periods it's going to be hard to keep heat in the tires and brakes going at safety car speeds.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Tough break for the #12 car. Inside the first two hours a Ferrari spun in front of Montecalvo and he tried to go around it but the Ferrari driver let the car roll backwards and Montecalvo hit the Ferrari with his left rear quarter doing big damage to the Lexus.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
To be honest I did figure that the GR GT3 concept is more of a racecar concept not necessarily dedicated to Toyota but for both Lexus and Toyota. But it sounds weird when they say they're unclear for the badging... is Toyota GR developing or is Lexus F developing? Do the two performance sub-brands share development resources that they don't know which they'll badge the car as?

mikeavelli

Reactions
To be honest I did figure that the GR GT3 concept is more of a racecar concept not necessarily dedicated to Toyota but for both Lexus and Toyota. But it sounds weird when they say they're unclear for the badging... is Toyota GR developing or is Lexus F developing? Do the two performance sub-brands share development resources that they don't know which they'll badge the car as?

I think it’s cause the GR brand has a lot of momentum. Note The F brand hasn’t gotten much product besides the Track/Fuji. We lost the GS F and looks like no LC F. But as the article states there is a lot of brand equity in F here which started with the IS F and LFA.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
So they want to slap F badge on a GR-developed product to raise the F Brand awareness? That's what is confusing me right now

mikeavelli

Reactions
So they want to slap F badge on a GR-developed product to raise the F Brand awareness? That's what is confusing me right now

It is in development. The concept was called GR. It could have been called ice cream. It was just a concept

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
40596751-083E-4D8F-8768-E684E128C5F5.jpeg

The GT3 vehicle comes first as a foundation
GT3 is going to be a hybridized power train at most for electrification . It will have some ICE component.
Unless someone who knows the tech regulations can tell me there’s fuel systems that covers pure BEV

whatever they build will be derived from this

I think it’s going to be very exciting to see what materializes