Lexus LBX Megathread

mikeavelli

Reactions
To me it seems premium which is crucial. Interior seems well done. The front I am unsure of. I guess this is the new Lexus look as the TX is similar and the RX has the same toned down bottom grill. I with the L shaped LED was not upside down, the L
shape is so classic at this point.

Not for me or most of us but I’m sure the intended market will like it.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The more I see it the more I like it. The front end is more successful than the front end of the new TX.
Same here. Lexus (Koji Sato-san) please bring the LBX to North America. Would love to purchase the LBX (higher stance) to compliment my CT (lower to the ground).

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
The more I see it the more I like it. The front end is more successful than the front end of the new TX.

The LBX actually looks like a modern Lexus vehicle, while the TX....................🤣😂

Last edited:

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Same here. Lexus (Koji Sato-san) please bring the LBX to North America. Would love to purchase the LBX (higher stance) to compliment my CT (lower to the ground).
Could be a nice commuter car but, unfortunately, not enough North Americans will agree. So it will remain a dream car.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
LBX baby brother 2nd gen C-HR has self parking and summon features. Does LBX get them as well?

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
LBX baby brother 2nd gen C-HR has self parking and summon features. Does LBX get them as well?
The C-HR (compact GA-C platform) is one size larger than the LBX (sub-compact GA-B platform), so the LBX is the baby brother to the C-HR.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions

The interior of LBX looks better than that of NX, TX and GX. Whats going on here :cautious:

From a design/material quality standpoint, I think that the LBX, NX & RX interiors manifest traditional Lexus standards while you can clearly see that Toyota/Lexus cut corners & costs with the mundane, unluxurious interiors of the more upscale TX/GX models.

Perplexing.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
From a design/material quality standpoint, I think that the LBX, NX & RX interiors manifest traditional Lexus standards while you can clearly see that Toyota/Lexus cut corners & costs with the mundane, unluxurious interiors of the more upscale TX/GX models.

Perplexing.

[ Insert bean counter memes here ]

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
It will probably be assembled in Japan but it could be assembled in Europe in the same factory where the similar Yaris Cross is made. But I am not aware of any Toyota factories outside of Japan -- other than the ones in Cambridge, Ontario Canada and Georgetown, Kentucky USA -- that assemble Lexus vehicles.

Reactions

The interior of LBX looks better than that of NX, TX and GX. Whats going on here :cautious:

Competition, isnt this the most competitive class in europe? Lexus USA does not feel the pressure as everything (crossover) they make has been more or less selling as soon as it hits the dealer lot. When even crap products from Acura, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Lincoln cant even remain in stock, Lexus is still at least better than those.

Even Audi with the oldest overall lineup is selling well. No car company in the US has any real incentive to be better when they can all get away with cost cutting here. BMW/MB/Porsche are all recent offenders to get hit with the cost cutting stick.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Competition, isnt this the most competitive class in europe? Lexus USA does not feel the pressure as everything (crossover) they make has been more or less selling as soon as it hits the dealer lot. When even crap products from Acura, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Lincoln cant even remain in stock, Lexus is still at least better than those.

Even Audi with the oldest overall lineup is selling well. No car company in the US has any real incentive to be better when they can all get away with cost cutting here. BMW/MB/Porsche are all recent offenders to get hit with the cost cutting stick.
What cost cutting measures did you note?

Nights

Fan
Reactions

Perplexing.

The TX is a family hauler (only for NA) and the GX is the most overtly off-road orientated Lexus. I’m not quite sure why they would be considered more upscale (other than purely from a price).

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
The TX is a family hauler (only for NA) and the GX is the most overtly off-road orientated Lexus. I’m not quite sure why they would be considered more upscale (other than purely from a price).

upscale

up·scale ˈəp-ˈskāl
Synonyms of upscale

to increase the size; scope, or scale of something

Price aside, sizewise, the TX/GX are still Lexus largest SUV models (outside of the LX) & slotted above the LBX, NX, & RX in the Lexus hierarchy.

At the end of the day, a luxury vehicle brand shouldn't have lower end/entry level models with more opulent interiors than their costlier, higher end models.

Reactions
What cost cutting measures did you note?

I had a loaner RX for a few days and compared to the 2022 RX, material choices just arent as nice, especially door trim, cheaper plastics, etc... this is mostly also a bigger deal because they raised the price and moved to a 4cyl which isn't as smooth as the 6. However, Lexus as I said is not the only or worst offender. The refreshed Cayenne took a huge step down and with a massive 10% price increase (~$7k). see examples here:

part 2: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JnbdhE/

part 3: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JnHXn2/

Nights

Fan
Reactions

upscale

up·scale ˈəp-ˈskāl
Synonyms of upscale

to increase the size; scope, or scale of something

Price aside, sizewise, the TX/GX are still Lexus largest SUV models (outside of the LX) & slotted above the LBX, NX, & RX in the Lexus hierarchy.

At the end of the day, a luxury vehicle brand shouldn't have lower end/entry level models with more opulent interiors than their costlier, higher end models.

That’s a somewhat antiquated way of looking at things. There’s plenty of affluent empty nesters that don’t need/want a giant 7 seater or an off-road focused SUV, but want luxurious amenities/interiors in their vehicle.

If what you said was true, no carmaker would ever debut new interior tech in anything other than their flagship, which has not been true for some time now. Sure, some items might be reserved for a “flagship” model but neither the TX nor the GX are positioned that way.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
That’s a somewhat antiquated way of looking at things. There’s plenty of affluent empty nesters that don’t need/want a giant 7 seater or an off-road focused SUV, but want luxurious amenities/interiors in their vehicle.

Your words not mine. My point isn't that entry/lower price Lexus models be devoid of "luxurious amenities/interiors," but that ALL Lexus vehicles, specifically their more expensive models, also reflect luxury values.

If what you said was true, no carmaker would ever debut new interior tech in anything other than their flagship, which has not been true for some time now. Sure, some items might be reserved for a “flagship” model but neither the TX nor the GX are positioned that way.

My comment you replied to is based on interior design aspects/interior material quality of the LBX vs the NX, TX & GX, not
"new interior tech," so this is just another bad attempt at trying to distort that both the new Lexus TX/GX have chintzy interiors,
which reflects scrimping on the part of Toyota/Lexus.