Lexus LBX Megathread

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Your words not mine. My point isn't that entry/lower price Lexus models be devoid of "luxurious amenities/interiors," but that ALL Lexus vehicles, specifically their more expensive models, also reflect luxury values.

My comment you replied to is based on interior design aspects/interior material quality of the LBX vs the NX, TX & GX, not
"new interior tech," so this is just another bad attempt at trying to distort that both the new Lexus TX/GX have chintzy interiors,
which reflects scrimping on the part of Toyota/Lexus.
If you have not sat in any of the vehicle you listed and actually touch and feel the quality of the material you cannot claim the LBX is better. as for interior design, I think everyone has their own preference just like some people claim the TX is one of Lexus worst design ever I think its one of the cleanest design they have had in a minute considering the purpose for which it was built.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
If you have not sat in any of the vehicle you listed and actually touch and feel the quality of the material you cannot claim the LBX is better.

I don't have to sit in the NX, RX, TX or GX to know that the LBX has better interior material quality.

The LBX interior has top grade semi-aniline leather or genuine leather with Ultrasuede standard.

NX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) is standard
Genuine leather is standard on NX 450h only
Genuine leather is optional on NX 350, NX 350h with luxury package

RX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) standard
Top grade semi aniline leather is optional on RX 350, RX 350h with luxury package
Genuine leather is optional on RX 350, RX 350h with Premium + package

Genuine leather is standard on RX 500h F Sport Performance only

TX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) standard
Top grade semi aniline leather is standard on TX 550h Luxury (PHEV)
Top grade semi aniline leather is standard on TX 350 with luxury package
Genuine leather is standard on TX 500H F Sport Performance luxury only

Fun fact: The less expensive Toyota Grand Highlander Limited model offers genuine leather standard 🤣

GX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) with Ultrasuede standard
Top grade semi-aniline leather only available in Luxury/Luxury+ package

To add insult to injury, the LBX also has an unique 'Bespoke Build' personalization system to customize the LBX interior while Lexus top market (North America) has nothing of the sort for any Lexus model. 😆

"With the 'Bespoke Build' personalization system, customers can truly make the LBX their own. This system allows for the creation of a unique masterpiece that perfectly mirrors individual tastes and sensibilities. With a vast array of approximately 330,000 variations, including options for leather color, seatbelt color, stitch thread color, expanded color combinations, and even exclusive trim enhancements, the 'Bespoke Build' program offers a distinctive and personalized vehicle configuration that customers can truly delight in creating.

as for interior design, I think everyone has their own preference just like some people claim the TX is one of Lexus worst design ever I think its one of the cleanest design they have had in a minute considering the purpose for which it was built.

The interior design of the TX is subjective, but the lack of luxury interior materials throughout, isn't.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Nope! Most trim levels of the NX, RX, TX & GX models (which happen to cost more) don't offer the "same materials" as the LBX.

Those cars all offer top-grade/genuine leather with ultrasuede if you pay for it.

I dont care about whatever trim levels youre babbling on about. If you want it pay for it, or go cry i guess.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
To add insult to injury, the LBX also has an unique 'Bespoke Build' personalization system to customize the LBX interior while Lexus top market (North America) has nothing of the sort for any Lexus model. 😆

"With the 'Bespoke Build' personalization system, customers can truly make the LBX their own. This system allows for the creation of a unique masterpiece that perfectly mirrors individual tastes and sensibilities. With a vast array of approximately 330,000 variations, including options for leather color, seatbelt color, stitch thread color, expanded color combinations, and even exclusive trim enhancements, the 'Bespoke Build' program offers a distinctive and personalized vehicle configuration that customers can truly delight in creating.
The North American car buying experience especially at Lexus is very frustrating. Until they restart custom orders I won't be buying any new product from a American Lexus dealer. Meanwhile in Japan every Lexus sold is "bespoke build".

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
North American car buying experience especially at Lexus is very frustrating
I dont argue this.

The experience actively makes me resent the company at times, despite the issue being dealer culture and zero effort sales.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Those cars all offer top-grade/genuine leather with ultrasuede if you pay for it.

Repeating the same obtuse sentiment over & over doesn't magically make it accurate. 😂

I dont care about whatever trim levels youre babbling on about. If you want it pay for it, or go cry i guess.

No matter whether you "care" or not, you still can't get "top-grade/genuine leather with ultrasuede" on most NX/RX/TX & GX trim levels standard/optional because Lexus doesn't "offer" it.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
everybody-breathe-damon-dominique.gif

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The North American car buying experience especially at Lexus is very frustrating. Until they restart custom orders I won't be buying any new product from a American Lexus dealer. Meanwhile in Japan every Lexus sold is "bespoke build".

Probably not going to happen in the near future, because currently NA is heavily fixated on resale value and customized cars are by definition hard to resell. That's why everything is black, white, or gray and my sales guy had to arrange a trade with dealers in 2 other states to get a Nightfall Mica LS.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I had a loaner RX for a few days and compared to the 2022 RX, material choices just arent as nice, especially door trim, cheaper plastics, etc... this is mostly also a bigger deal because they raised the price and moved to a 4cyl which isn't as smooth as the 6. However, Lexus as I said is not the only or worst offender. The refreshed Cayenne took a huge step down and with a massive 10% price increase (~$7k). see examples here:

part 2: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JnbdhE/

part 3: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JnHXn2/
I think I am okay with cost cutting if that only means cheaper materials or more plastics used as long as drivability and/or (i.e., not both) technology (reliability) stay on par (if not better) with the previous gen. With the press releases, new car models usually have additional features or advancements so I can't fault manufacturers for cutting on costs especially on things that many don't really care about, unless they're ultra-luxury segment like Porsches (and to your Cayenne point) and above.

I am not the type who would caress the soft touch portions of the car though strategic placements around the car can help prevent bruises and accidents.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
You have a Model 3 which has excellent build quality, can be ordered bespoked, and include an eight year battery warranty, I think you will not be shopping cars for quite some time.

By then, the Lexus experience may have changed. :)

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
ehhh... what? First I've heard someone say this about a Model 3 (or any Tesla).
I put in 'bespoked' too but neglected to put in the /s haha

Ssun bought a Model 3, maybe the performance version, yet he complains not being able to tailor a Lexus in the US haha. Double-standards for sure.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I don't have to sit in the NX, RX, TX or GX to know that the LBX has better interior material quality.

The LBX interior has top grade semi-aniline leather or genuine leather with Ultrasuede standard.

NX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) is standard
Genuine leather is standard on NX 450h only
Genuine leather is optional on NX 350, NX 350h with luxury package

RX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) standard
Top grade semi aniline leather is optional on RX 350, RX 350h with luxury package
Genuine leather is optional on RX 350, RX 350h with Premium + package

Genuine leather is standard on RX 500h F Sport Performance only

TX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) standard
Top grade semi aniline leather is standard on TX 550h Luxury (PHEV)
Top grade semi aniline leather is standard on TX 350 with luxury package
Genuine leather is standard on TX 500H F Sport Performance luxury only

Fun fact: The less expensive Toyota Grand Highlander Limited model offers genuine leather standard 🤣

GX - Synthetic Leather (NuLuxe) with Ultrasuede standard
Top grade semi-aniline leather only available in Luxury/Luxury+ package

The interior design of the TX is subjective, but the lack of luxury interior materials throughout, isn't.
Are you sure the LBX only comes with Top grade semi-aniline Leather or you just talking about the one of its options like every other Lexus you mentioned on your list. below is a direct quote from lexus news room:

"The premium quality and attention to detail is witnessed in a choice of upholsteries and trims with strong visual and tactile appeal. As well as top-quality semi-aniline leather, the options include a vegan-friendly interior that uses synthetic leather and materials for the seat coverings and steering wheel, shift lever and door trims. "

Also, the NX has the 14inch multimedia screen option I don't think the LBX has that option.

You said the grand highlander offer genuine leather standard, are you sure about that?
"And exclusively for Hybrid MAX, drivers will experience Ultrasuede® and leather-trimmed seats and with bronze-colored accents throughout the cabin."

for the XLE grade SofTex is standard not genuine leather.
Interior:
  • SofTex®-trimmed Seating

What made you think Highlander and LBX will come standard with genuine leather and suede while the NX and TX will not. The NX is sold in Europe just like the LBX will. Also the TX and Highlander are twin and you just assumed the highlander will come standard with Leather. Not even the LS/LX comes standard with genuine leather.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Are you sure the LBX only comes with Top grade semi-aniline Leather or you just talking about the one of its options like every other Lexus you mentioned on your list. below is a direct quote from lexus news room:

I clearly identified that the LBX has both top grade semi-aniline leather or genuine leather with Ultrasuede

Also, the NX has the 14inch multimedia screen option I don't think the LBX has that option.

The principle discussion is regarding interior styling/materials, not tech features.

You said the grand highlander offer genuine leather standard, are you sure about that?

No, I actually stated that the Grand Highlander Limited offers genuine leather standard.

"And exclusively for Hybrid MAX, drivers will experience Ultrasuede® and leather-trimmed seats and with bronze-colored accents throughout the cabin."

for the XLE grade SofTex is standard not genuine leather.
Interior:
  • SofTex®-trimmed Seating

What made you think Highlander and LBX will come standard with genuine leather and suede while the NX and TX will not. The NX is sold in Europe just like the LBX will. Also the TX and Highlander are twin and you just assumed the highlander will come standard with Leather. Not even the LS/LX comes standard with genuine leather.

:LOL:😂

2024 GRAND HIGHLANDER
Full Specs
Limited
2.4L 4-cyl. turbo engine AT FWD/AWD

Leather-trimmed front- and second-row seats; heated and ventilated front seats; 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat including power lumbar support; 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat; seat memory function

https://www.toyota.com/grandhighlander/features/mpg_other_price/6702/6716/6704