Lexus LBX Megathread

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Torsion beam rear suspension on a Lexus lol.

They say how special this LBX product is, yet keep that penny-saving feature of GA-B. A VW Polo has full IRS since 2004 🤦‍♂️
Doesnt it help with interior space?

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Nicely designed luxury subcompact CUV that actually looks like a legitimate Lexus product instead of an upscale Toyota.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
They will sell a billion of these in Europe, especially Scotland! It's the sad state of the market, but this is going to be excellent for Lexus Europe.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Doesnt it help with interior space?
The AWD model has multi-link. More and more brands have switched to IRS for B-segment cars and Toyota stayed with torsion beam on FWD models to lower the price of entry.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
shots fired from Volvo today with the EX30, EV starting at $36K and coming to US. It's much quicker than the LBX with full EV and pretty much the same size.
Do you think people cross shop Volvo and Lexus?

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Do you think they don't?

I cross-shopped Volvo and Lexus and bought a XC60 instead of a NX300h back in 2017.
i think they don't. And if they do i don't think the percentage is significant enough to affect their sales goal.

Reactions
i think they don't. And if they do i don't think the percentage is significant enough to affect their sales goal.

That's a very interesting take. so who cross shops with Lexus to you? Certainly not BMW, Audi, Porsche.

That leaves: Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, Lincoln, Genesis?

Why wouldn't Volvo be considered amongst these. They have vehicles priced to match the Lexus lineup and do luxury quite decently. If you're gonna say reliability, sure, but Lexus is kind of the only one in that space.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Volvo, Lexus, Jaguar (no more) and Infiniti (no more), are the alternatives to BAM.

RAL

Reactions
The front fascia of the LBX looks like a refined version of the RX front fascia ... for one thing, no beluga hump.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I kinda like the design of the LBX. I like that the screen is not on top the dash, and I hope that is a design that makes it to other Lexus vehicles.

I’ve never liked the look of the UX, and I’d take this over the UX any day.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I kinda like the design of the LBX. I like that the screen is not on top the dash, and I hope that is a design that makes it to other Lexus vehicles.

I’ve never liked the look of the UX, and I’d take this over the UX any day.
I agree as well. I personally think that the CT looks good (aged well) and the LBX look good, I like how it's slightly raised. The LBX with the two tone black painted roof kinda reminds me of a Mini Cooper.