Lexus LBX Megathread

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Not sure about the design… it kind of looks like a cute frog. It is clean overall though.

Interior door panel has more stitching and trim than the TX 😂

I still don’t understand “LBX” as the name - I was thinking the concept would be called “LBX” and the production model would be “BX” but this seems headed to production as LBX…? Strange the only other model outside of the LFA with this type of name is the cheapest?

What’s next, LSX 👀
Leave lil' BX alone.

Speaking of frog cars
606651_v3.jpg

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
That centre infotainment screen is really low. The driver will have to drop their head a fair distance -- taking eyes away from the road -- to see it.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
000H8M03MGH0IMNE-C125-F4.jpg

Lexus Yaris 🤮
the rest: Lexus LBX. The thing about how I almost lost my knee

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Eeeeh. Not gonna lie.. it's got a bit of whale nose syndrome, unless the reflection on the hood is playing a illusion

Reactions
I like it for what it is. Too bad it’s probably not coming to America. Also… I really wish they kept the name consistent BX would have been ok?

I guess I like it because of how much I dislike the UX

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
I know this is a class below the UX, but at least from these photos it looks a lot less nice inside than the UX. But we'll have to see how much cheaper it is.

Will1991

Reactions
More information:

It rides on modified GA-B, and next to the Yaris Cross:
-> 20mm more wheelbase
-> 10mm longer
-> 60mm wither
-> 15mm lower
-> It uses bipolar battery

And now I ask, where this leaves the UX? The UX is so compromised that this GA-B based car has more cargo room than the UX based on the GA-C.

Nights

Fan
Reactions
More information:

-> 20mm more wheelbase
-> 10mm longer
-> 60mm wither
-> 15mm lower

And now I ask, where this leaves the UX? The UX is so compromised that this GA-B based car has more cargo room than the UX based on the GA-C.
UX will go up in size for next generation (if there is one).

Nights

Fan
Reactions
The Lexus Bespoke Build program they mentioned in the press release is interesting; first time I’ve seen those type of options offered outside of JDM. Let’s hope it expands throughout the range with time.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
More information:

-> 20mm more wheelbase
-> 10mm longer
-> 60mm wither
-> 15mm lower

It's quite easy: Premium Interior (compared to what LBX offers). I was the first to dismiss UX as Lexus product but now that there is this thing called LBX I think UX gets a pass, a big one actually. I think LBX is targeted at women from what I've seen so far while UX plays on both cards.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Interior layout is really very nice, so much better than view blocking standing tablets.

Reactions
This is interesting where it will leave the UX since the LBX is one size down in length. 165in vs 177in. The NX is 184in.

The LBX is basically the same width and height as the UX, so does that mean the UX will grow a bit taller to fix its styling/practicality issues - especially compared to this?

I can see why this is not coming to the US, but it would have been a cute CT replacement.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

@Motor posted it above, but this video has some interesting information on the "new face" of Lexus. Notably, they talk about returning to the "resolute look" from 2001 L-Finesse development as seen in the 2003 LF-S concept and combining it with the new "spindle shape" of the body.

2003%20Lexus%20LF-S_06.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Two other thoughts on the design:

1) I see this being mentioned directly by Lexus as the CT replacement. Sorry to say it, but I don't think it looks any better than the 10+ year old CT. That design aged really well and was sharp and handsome. This is sort of bulbous but has some unique elements.

2) Looking at the shape of the headlights, grill and bumper, the LBX front design seems to also be pretty close to the overall front end design of the TX, but we should know for sure this week.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 12.10.02 PM.png

Next-gen-Lexus-GX-2024-teaser-1024x682.jpeg

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Torsion beam rear suspension on a Lexus lol.

They say how special this LBX product is, yet keep that penny-saving feature of GA-B. A VW Polo has full IRS since 2004 🤦‍♂️