supra93

Expert
Reactions

Super SPY Scoop
Introduced in 2025 Lexus LFAII is sure to be on the market with V8, 4L twin turbo !!

jpg?_ga=2.68921745.1829863723.1643164990-831407162.jpg

LFAII

The BC Scoop Team developed a scoop entitled "2025 LFAII Revival" in the December 10, 2021 issue, and the response was remarkable.

On the other hand, Toyota held a Toyota electrification strategy presentation on December 14, 2021, where the existence of the Lexus electrified sport, which is a super sport of BEV, was revealed, and the readers also said, "The scoop of the best car. I think there were many people who felt that "was wrong !?"

And Toyota unveiled the GR GT3 concept for the first time in the world at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2022.

What is the relationship between the Lexus LFA II, the electrified sport, and the GR GT3 concept? We will deliver detailed information such as what kind of development will actually be shown.

We will show you important information that cannot be obtained in other magazines.

20211214_BEV_33_s-600x400.jpg

Collected sports
TokyoAutoSalon080-1-600x208.jpg

GR GT3 concept

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I heard it was a hybrid power system. it’s going to be called LF_.

Very curious

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bestcar is saying the Toyota GR GT3 concept will also spawn a Lexus version. They're dubbing it the LFA II with a V8 twin.

Then the Lexus Electrified Sport Concept will be a completely differently project.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2022-01-31-lexus-lfa-second-generation.jpg

Japanese magazine Best Car is reporting that the second-generation Lexus LFA will debut in 2025 as a V8 twin-turbo plug-in hybrid, thereby amalgamating every single engine technology under one hood like Voltron.
This would seem to run counter to the recent announcement that Lexus is going full battery-electric by 2030, but there’s a lot of time between then and now — there still has to be new product every year. Also consider the long-rumored LC F coupe was supposed to be running a twin-turbo V8, and this could be a way for Lexus to recoup the engine’s development cost even if the LC F has been cancelled.
Best Car puts the combined engine at 937 horsepower...

Continue reading...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I think it's time for an official LFA2 thread. BestCar just posted its Jan 26 issue on web:
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/389424

This article clarifies the whole picture around GR GT3, LFA2 and Electrified Sports. There are three supercar programs developing simultaneously.

1) LFA2 coming in 2025. No CFRP monocoque, will be built on GA-L. 700PS 4.0 V8TT plus hybrid. Will be PHV for EV mode driving. Serial production (not limited), price ¥25-30M ($200-250k).
2) GR GT3 race car coming in 2023.
3) Electrified Sports coming in 2030. It will be the 3rd generation Toyota EV (1st C-HR EV/UX300e, 2nd BZ series, 3rd with SSB).

The Electrified Sports is very similar in styling with GR GT3 and LFA2. This will be the new design language of future Lexus. Final design is not completed, the clay model and rendering was rushed out based on GR GT3/LFA2 because the Dec 14 event was on very short notice.

P.S. They originally planned to produce the GR Hyper Sports. They actually sold out all 100 planned samples for ¥300M ($2.5M) each. But the project was cancelled. The huge amount of funding left on that project made it possible to develop 3 supercars in parallel.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
From what I read it seems "LFA2" will not be an ultralight supercar like LFA but a high power GT like Ferrari 812. The GR GT3 will be the no-compromise track car developed as a homologation special like GR Yaris.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
gecko, when the full details drop you’re gonna vouch right ;)
Seems bestcar is getting it.

There’s a letter left to reveal.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
From what I read it seems "LFA2" will not be an ultralight supercar like LFA but a high power GT like Ferrari 812. The GR GT3 will be the no-compromise track car developed as a homologation special like GR Yaris.

I heard it was a “real supercar” from… people who would know.

I imagine they would consider an 812 a supercar, if not a hypercar or track weapon.

can’t speak to GA-L as the platform.

Last edited:
Reactions
I think it's time for an official LFA2 thread. BestCar just posted its Jan 26 issue on web:
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/389424

This article clarifies the whole picture around GR GT3, LFA2 and Electrified Sports. There are three supercar programs developing simultaneously.

1) LFA2 coming in 2025. No CFRP monocoque, will be built on GA-L. 700PS 4.0 V8TT plus hybrid. Will be PHV for EV mode driving. Serial production (not limited), price ¥25-30M ($200-250k).
2) GR GT3 race car coming in 2023.
3) Electrified Sports coming in 2030. It will be the 3rd generation Toyota EV (1st C-HR EV/UX300e, 2nd BZ series, 3rd with SSB).

The Electrified Sports is very similar in styling with GR GT3 and LFA2. This will be the new design language of future Lexus. Final design is not completed, the clay model and rendering was rushed out based on GR GT3/LFA2 because the Dec 14 event was on very short notice.

P.S. They originally planned to produce the GR Hyper Sports. They actually sold out all 100 planned samples for ¥300M ($2.5M) each. But the project was cancelled. The huge amount of funding left on that project made it possible to develop 3 supercars in parallel.
I am so heartbroken over this.