Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
They calling the LC F a "study" despite trademarking the name and having multiple prototypes of it.. just call it a failed and cancelled project lol, no shame in that. Clearly it was being developed to go into production at one point, and then being abandoned once the pandemic hit. That said.. I'm excited to see what the ttV8 does end up going into.

Will1991

Reactions
Spiros Fotinos, Lexus Europe director told a Portuguese car-channel in a interview related to the RZ450e launch in Barcelona that the next LFA will have 4 independent motors but it's unknown (for now) if they're going to be mounted on the wheels or not.
The issue, apparently, comes from technical difficulties due to unsprung mass.

Fortinos also said that having 4 motors will allow a greater car control, even adjusting turning radius with torque being applied to only 3 wheels.

Source: https://www.razaoautomovel.com/2022/04/entrevista-diretor-lexus-europa

It's in Portuguese, if you have any difficulties translating any sentence, feel free to ask.

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions

Will1991

Reactions
European debut of the Lexus Electrified Sport concept at the 2022 Goodwood!

"The Goodwood Festival of Speed will take place from 23 to 26 June in the grounds of Goodwood House in Sussex, England. The Lexus Electrified Sport concept will feature in a bespoke display in the Festival of Speed’s Electric Avenue, an area dedicated to electrified vehicles."

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
European debut of the Lexus Electrified Sport concept at the 2022 Goodwood!

"The Goodwood Festival of Speed will take place from 23 to 26 June in the grounds of Goodwood House in Sussex, England. The Lexus Electrified Sport concept will feature in a bespoke display in the Festival of Speed’s Electric Avenue, an area dedicated to electrified vehicles."

Key: electrified sport "concept".
Think back LF-Z, vs. RZ (what we actually get)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It is a display model not a running prototype I think. Real car is still 8 years away.

I'm sure a development prototype exists, possibly using LMP/Hypercar batteries as placeholder. They only need two battery packs from TS050 to reach 1000PS.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I know I'm in the minority on this, but the design of this car does absolutely nothing for me. It's shaped like a half used bar of soap in my eyes 🤷‍♂️