ssun30

Expert
Reactions
More confusion coming from BestCar that just contradicts its previous report:

>> GR GT3 will be a race car only.
>> The production version of GR GT3 will be the 2025 LFA2.
>> The Sports Electrified production car does not look like a BEV and that's because it actually shows the design of LFA2, not the 2030 supercar. The BEV design is not finalized yet.
>> GR GT3 race car will use an Inline-4 turbo engine while LFA2 will use the 4.0L V8TT hybrid.

So first they say there are three supercars under development simultaneously but now they say LFA2 and GR GT3 are the same thing. I don't know if it's even legal since the 2023 race car cannot be homologated? And GR GT3 with Inline-4???

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions

>> The Sports Electrified production car does not look like a BEV and that's because it actually shows the design of LFA2, not the 2030 supercar. The BEV design is not finalized yet.
>> GR GT3 race car will use an Inline-4 turbo engine while LFA2 will use the 4.0L V8TT hybrid.

So first they say there are three supercars under development simultaneously but now they say LFA2 and GR GT3 are the same thing. I don't know if it's even legal since the 2023 race car cannot be homologated? And GR GT3 with Inline-4???
I thought some news mentioned that next-gen RC F will be based on the GR GT3 isn't it?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

I knew it, they were showing the LF…
2025 hybrid TTV8 supercar
SSB to first appear in hybrid application, though personally I’d say 2025 would be a reach for SSB…

this is back on track. I suspected the full BEV would be the 2030 successor.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I knew it, they were showing the LF…
2025 hybrid TTV8 supercar
SSB to first appear in hybrid application, though personally I’d say 2025 would be a reach for SSB…

this is back on track. I suspected the full BEV would be the 2030 successor.

All these rumors haha. But they create excitement. 2025 is good gives me 3 years to explain this one to the wife 🤣

Reactions

This doesn't add up. There has to be something for the A100 GR Supra.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Quite alot of sports cars on the way from Toyota eh? Sounds like they're trying to cover all of their bases drivetrain wise. That's pretty cool.

Reactions
Is that project 100% confirmed?

There's a lot to figure out in general for ToMoCo coupes: RC, LC, Supra, EV supercar, PHEV supercar, etc.

It was in planning stages last year where A70TTR was asking GR Supra buyers what they would like to see in an A100 GR Supra.

I then started hearing more and more from insiders in recent times that it is continuing to be cooked up when we had these reveals coming from Toyota and Lexus (like the GR GT3, Lexus EV supercar, LFA but apparently it's actually called the LFR for this new generation), but not from A70 though, he practically vanished due to the sheer amounts of projects he was handling.

Power unit will definitely be hybridized. Whether it will be a V6 or an I6 is still up in the air. I'm still rooting for the I6, personally.

A70 was also a part of the LC F project too mind you. And he made one shock comeback and announced officially that the manual GR Supra is a go for this summer not that long ago, although I was able to find that out much before A70 confirmed it.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
We know 1 thing toyota a won't be developing an i6 inhouse because the power train they develop is used in almost every other car and since most of their cars are fwd now it seems less likely

Last edited: