7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Simpleton here, but isnt this digitized as well? The clock adjustments are in the remote touch screen and move based on digital input?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Simpleton here, but isnt this digitized as well? The clock adjustments are in the remote touch screen and move based on digital input?

Nah, what I meant by digitized: the clock itself acts as a little circular screen like smartwatches and the contents can be customized based on user's preferences.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Greeting LE's Friends! Chinese Lexus dealership had been received message for ES "Technical Facelift" in August Production Month. It focus on multi media system upgrade, more detail need wait until next technical change notice.

View attachment 5982

Not a big surprise considering all the rumors out there pointing out potential multimedia update. Meanwhile it is kinda strange they didn't do it during 22 facelift......RIP to the owners that bought the first facelift model.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Good that Toyota updates just-in-time not to be left behind in "tech" as they did. This will make them always competitive/up-to-date compared to what is available at competitors for that buyers that are just at the point of buying. Not Toyota's problem if some need to have the latest version, even if it is not needed.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Good that Toyota updates just-in-time not to be left behind in "tech" as they did. This will make them always competitive/up-to-date compared to what is available at competitors for that buyers that are just at the point of buying. Not Toyota's problem if some need to have the latest version, even if it is not needed.
They publicly acknowledged that the cadence cycle on the infotainment tech was a sore selling point. Its good as a selling point to update them to the latest interface, but even then for Lexus is doing now what the big three Euros have been doing for close to a decade.

The GX series went through kinda of similar phasing.
MY20-> facelift
MY21->Minor upgrades
MY22->Infotainment center stack refresh....

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Hey I just got a '22 ESh UL less than a month ago. I may need to order a '23 LOL what a wait for mine (5+ months).

mikeavelli

Reactions
The value of our ES is pretty insane vs what we owe. We have only 25k miles on a 2019. With the RX and RZ still months away not sure what our move is. She loves the Taycan as well.

No real complaints over the time with it.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Glad to see Lexus finally welcome 2015 luxury tech. I'd add in how disappointed i am with how long this has taken to become adopted but I guess happy that Lexus is moving the needle instead of waiting for a whole new generation/beggars cant be choosers when it comes to Lexus infotainment.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
It "needs" 500h version.

I agree the current ES is dreadfully slow but I'm actually hoping to see it on next gen instead. The car is toward its end of the lifecycle, plus sales are pretty stable anyways and it would be kinda meaningless to add it now.

Glad to see Lexus finally welcome 2015 luxury tech. I'd add in how disappointed i am with how long this has taken to become adopted but I guess happy that Lexus is moving the needle instead of waiting for a whole new generation/beggars cant be choosers when it comes to Lexus infotainment.

Yes quite unusual move for TMC NOT doing it during its facelift. 2022 ES owners: F.
Now we know same thing will happen to LS too. Still, better late than never.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

new system is actually not that behind, if at all. Today, it seems to be one of the better systems out there.

Now they need to fix it up and irout out any of the issues plagging new gen system

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
new system is actually not that behind, if at all. Today, it seems to be one of the better systems out there.

Now they need to fix it up and irout out any of the issues plagging new gen system
I do agree its a good system then before and at the standard of whats available now and has been available for nearly a decade. My only concern stemming from years of inaction on part of TMC is that keep it stagnates at this, while the industry moves forward at a juggernaut's pace. The team behind this system is US based and seem to operate outside of the normal limitations and fragmentation that TMC has practiced in years before, but TMC JP can reel them in to their choosing.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I do agree its a good system then before and at the standard of whats available now and has been available for nearly a decade. My only concern stemming from years of inaction on part of TMC is that keep it stagnates at this, while the industry moves forward at a juggernaut's pace. The team behind this system is US based and seem to operate outside of the normal limitations and fragmentation that TMC has practiced in years before, but TMC JP can reel them in to their choosing.

It was not available decade ago.

And it still operates with fragmentation, ie they are customized to each market, for instance I noticed that in US there is wireless android auto while in "same" vehicle in Europe, there is only wired android auto.

They simply have better team and are doing it inhose, and not using outside companies like before.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
It was not available decade ago.

And it still operates with fragmentation, ie they are customized to each market, for instance I noticed that in US there is wireless android auto while in "same" vehicle in Europe, there is only wired android auto.

They simply have better team and are doing it inhose, and not using outside companies like before.
Some example:
-Personalized climate control accessible through the apps to send to the car before you step foot has been available since at least 2011 from BMW
-A dedicated inhouse technical team developing their own in house infotainment platform has been the case with at least the three major german competitors for more then a decade. BMW was the first to go all in, while MB and Audi joined the club later on.
-The "hello [insert Automaker name]" wake up command has been available for almost half a decade, and is actually poised to go away in upcoming updates.

Just for clarification not saying Lexus/TMC did wrong by finally moving to a more current platform (customers love it), but I do hope they recognize functional trends much more rapidly then before and have an action plan to implement them as rapidly then before. The fear of slowing down or saying this is functional enough is a concern that has grown from years of Lexus products. Lexus in the early 00s dominated the field with industry infotainment firsts.