7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

Reactions
They were so, so obsessed with the Honda Accord in that article that it could have been a paid advertainment by Honda.

The majority of dudes at MotorTrend are just paid shills that love to overhype something, and that's just sad.

"Man I really like this Camry, got it for a great price and has everything I want it to have too, drives all right too!" :^)

"DI-DI-DID-DID YOU N-NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE HO-HO-HON-"

"The what?"

"HOW DO YOU EVEN NOT THINK ABOUT THE BEST CAR EVER? YOU BOUGHT A F-F-F-F-F*CKING CAMRY INSTEAD OF THE CAR AND COMPANY THAT WE'RE TOTALLY NOT BIASED ABOUT?"

"Oh, you mean the Honda A-"

"ACCOOOOORRRRD!!"

"No man I just wanted a Camry......"

"TOYOTA SUCKS BOOOOO, BETA!"

Now yeah, I was obviously being tongue-in-cheek, and was a bit hyperbolic, but at this point they're not even hiding their love affair for Honda. It's obvious that they're clearly in bed with each other. I will admit that a lot of Hondas are genuinely great all-around products, but it's honestly ridiculous when you see how hard MotorTrend constantly simps for them and gladly. It gets tiring.

You see it with Lieberman, Bovingdon, Cortina, and so many others. The most notorious of them is most definitely Evans though. He's one of the worst and most biased writers on the face of this Earth.

I feel like MTOD just made it easier for me to stop watching their content.

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Seems to align with rumours that next Crown will be GA-K so wouldn't be surprised to see the both be more similar.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
2024 should be FMC for ES anyway.

Again, I assume something else is going to be produced for Lexus on the same line. EV?

mikeavelli

Reactions
The majority of dudes at MotorTrend are just paid shills that love to overhype something, and that's just sad.

"Man I really like this Camry, got it for a great price and has everything I want it to have too, drives all right too!" :^)

"DI-DI-DID-DID YOU N-NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE HO-HO-HON-"

"The what?"

"HOW DO YOU EVEN NOT THINK ABOUT THE BEST CAR EVER? YOU BOUGHT A F-F-F-F-F*CKING CAMRY INSTEAD OF THE CAR AND COMPANY THAT WE'RE TOTALLY NOT BIASED ABOUT?"

"Oh, you mean the Honda A-"

"ACCOOOOORRRRD!!"

"No man I just wanted a Camry......"

"TOYOTA SUCKS BOOOOO, BETA!"

Now yeah, I was obviously being tongue-in-cheek, and was a bit hyperbolic, but at this point they're not even hiding their love affair for Honda. It's obvious that they're clearly in bed with each other. I will admit that a lot of Hondas are genuinely great all-around products, but it's honestly ridiculous when you see how hard MotorTrend constantly simps for them and gladly. It gets tiring.

You see it with Lieberman, Bovingdon, Cortina, and so many others. The most notorious of them is most definitely Evans though. He's one of the worst and most biased writers on the face of this Earth.

I feel like MTOD just made it easier for me to stop watching their content.
1000% agreed and I call it HondaTrend. It’s obvious and poor reporting. They literally run ads on FB for Honda.

they will beat up the GR86 or Supra and fap to a base hr-v. They will bash a tundra and say a ridgeline is amazing.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I hope they could keep ES supply high enough. Current wait time in China is 12 months... TMMK relieved a lot of supply pressure off of ChDM in the past few years.

The move back is a further proof the Crown will be the basis for ES.

Reactions
1000% agreed and I call it HondaTrend. It’s obvious and poor reporting. They literally run ads on FB for Honda.

they will beat up the GR86 or Supra and fap to a base hr-v. They will bash a tundra and say a ridgeline is amazing.

Perfect I'm going to start calling them HondaTrend now. 😂☠️

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I hope they could keep ES supply high enough. Current wait time in China is 12 months... TMMK relieved a lot of supply pressure off of ChDM in the past few years.

The move back is a further proof the Crown will be the basis for ES.

Is Crown built at Tahara? I wonder if ES/Crown could be built at Tahara since the GS line is retired from there now.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
Is Crown built at Tahara? I wonder if ES/Crown could be built at Tahara since the GS line is retired from there now.
Crown,Motomachi Plant;
ES,Tsutsumi Plant, and TOYOTA MOTOR KYUSHU, INC.

Reactions

Attachments

• 5A4A645C-0D04-4DF2-B3CA-4168D7243433.png
    5A4A645C-0D04-4DF2-B3CA-4168D7243433.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The digital yet analog clock is impressive, but the integration has been poor (rx is sweet). Sad theyre removing it completely but I assume the black bezels will be gone as well?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I hope that Lexus does not remove the analog clock. It is one thing I particularly miss since switching from the Lexus ES to the Toyota Camry.

An analog clock is also, I believe, one of the very few things that differentiates luxury auto brands from mass market auto brands these days. It is a nice touch.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I like the analog clock too, but it's also a relatively recent thing (the LS didn't get it until the 4th gen in 2006). On a lot of models now the time is shown on the digital instrument cluster and/or the infotainment screen so any dedicated clock is redundant. And a lot of buyers think having everything on a screen is luxurious (the Tesla effect).

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
i think analogue clock is cool idea but in 2022, it does not look cool anymore. Or expensive.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
The clock isn't the main issue. In order to solve the finnicky remote touch, they had to half @ss it to coexist with the touchscreen. It looked perfectly fine the way it was before (2018 LS / all LC), at least to my eyes. Perhaps they can take a page out of maserati's latest design, where you have traditional look of an analogue clock but digitized contents within the housing. Best of both worlds to please different crowds.

Attachments

• 19153-MaseratiGrecaleTrofeo-dashboard.jpg
    19153-MaseratiGrecaleTrofeo-dashboard.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 24

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The clock isn't the main issue. In order to solve the finnicky remote touch, they had to half @ss it to coexist with the touchscreen. It looked perfectly fine the way it was before (2018 LS / all LC), at least to my eyes. Perhaps they can take a page out of maserati's latest design, where you have traditional look of an analogue clock but digitized contents within the housing. Best of both worlds to please different crowds.
Or Porsche too.