7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

mikeavelli

Reactions
Most of you know we have a modified 2019 ES F SPORT so I took some time with the 2022 which we know is the MMC. During HQ Condifential, they had this 2022 ES 300h F SPORT which is a new addition.

I think I’ve said it before but to me this really makes great sense. The ES is no sport sedan so getting 44 MPG or so in one is hugely appealing. With gas going back up this car is right on time.

RAL

Reactions
Most of you know we have a modified 2019 ES F SPORT so I took some time with the 2022 which we know is the MMC. During HQ Condifential, they had this 2022 ES 300h F SPORT which is a new addition.

I think I’ve said it before but to me this really makes great sense. The ES is no sport sedan so getting 44 MPG or so in one is hugely appealing. With gas going back up this car is right on time.

Thanks Mike, @mikeavelli for your friendly input. Now, I am seriously considering getting this refresh at the end of our 2019 lease. The refresh may see the last of the v6 in the ES model. I prize that buttery smooth engine with great fuel economy.

Last edited:

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I normally do not watch these video reviews and watching this one reminded me why I do not. Firstly, his mannerisms and the tone of his voice bother me. And secondly, this reviewer has preconceived biases against hybrid vehicles, and Lexus and ES Hybrids in particular.

Also, where did he get the idea that the ES is built in Ontario, Canada? It is the RX that is built in Ontario (and soon, the NX also).

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I normally do not watch these video reviews and watching this one reminded me why I do not. Firstly, his mannerisms and the tone of his voice bother me. And secondly, this reviewer has preconceived biases against hybrid vehicles, and Lexus and ES Hybrids in particular.

Also, where did he get the idea that the ES is built in Ontario, Canada? It is the RX that is built in Ontario (and soon, the NX also).
These videos don’t get watched purely because people are considering buying the cars. The audience are probably just as crotchety, out of touch and irrelevant as some of these reviewers are.

Will1991

Reactions
TRD take on the 2022 ES F Sport:

TRD-Lexus-ES-1.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-2.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-3.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-4.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-14.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-15.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-16.jpg

TRD-Lexus-ES-17.jpg

Not bad!

Will1991

Reactions
Finally, no more that small infotainment for the ES! 😎

(If I understood this EU press release correctly)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Finally, no more that small infotainment for the ES! 😎

(If I understood this EU press release correctly)

At its heart is the ES 300h’s 8” or 12.3” High Definition touchscreen that receives Over The Air (OTA) updates

Reactions
I noticed that too, strange that we are left out. It looks fantastic.
No idea if it will help, but I did contact Lexus Canada to express my interest in it. The more messages they get, the likelier they will release it here!