5th Generation Toyota RAV4 Master Thread

Motor

Expert
Reactions

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
ChDM Wildlander High Performance tested to 0-100km/h in 5.9s beating manufacturer's estimate of 6.6s. Sounds about right compared to USDM RAV4 Prime's 5.6s 0-60mph.

Power output for 2WD is 194kW/260hp and 4WD is 225kW/302hp. Range is 95km/59mi NEDC for 2WD and 87km/54mi for 4WD. Battery capacity is lower (45Ah/16kWh) than international version (51Ah/18.1kWh).

Price is ¥259k to 299k (USD 40k-46k). It's priced to slightly undercut CR-V PHV (¥273k to 299k) while offering much better specs and features.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Does anyone know if the ‘22 RAV4 will be a refresh? I have two friends shopping.

Reactions
Does anyone know if the ‘22 RAV4 will be a refresh? I have two friends shopping.
Originally released in 2018 for 2019, it should be. They've yet to show off the changes.

EDIT:
Found fleet info, looks like the ordering banks for the Hybrid and Prime are closed until September for MY22, gas one is open until August 10th, then MY21 is done. Would think that the info on the 2022s should just be around the corner.

Last edited:

BenzCity

Fan
Reactions

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
i expect new multimedia, and compared to what it has today, it should be a big selling point

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly who cares about the CR-V. I don’t know anyone with one. Seems to be the vehicle for people older than Lexus owners lol.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The RAV4 isn't perfect and I know the Honda drives well... but I think the biggest thing for most people is that the RAV4 looks better, offers more configurations/trims and is more appealing. The only people I know who buy CR-Vs are people who had one before or are moving up from a Civic, and it's generally sorority girls or older women. I know people across the spectrum who have gone after the new RAV4 from LE to TRD Off Road to XSE hybrid, and that includes sorority girls and older women as well as young men, young families, middle aged men/women, active people in their 30s, etc. Just a lot more appeal overall with a flavor for everyone.

Yes, I know how valuable "I know" and "I see in my market" feedback is 🤣

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Honestly who cares about the CR-V. I don’t know anyone with one. Seems to be the vehicle for people older than Lexus owners lol.
There are as many CR-Vs as RAV4s on the streets of Southern Ontario (if not more). If I remember correctly, sales of the RAV4 have only recently (this generation) beat the CR-V here.

I have not checked to see who drives them but they seem to be ubiquitous family vehicles here.

I would be more interested in the CR-V if it offered a hybrid model, like the RAV4 and new Venza.