5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
If anything I expected it to take inspiration from the LS Plus concept... with this underwhelming MMC for the LC though, I'm not expecting anything more from the LS either.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
i know a picture was posted a while back but unable to find it. i heard that the refresh for the LC is going to be pretty big.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
i know a picture was posted a while back but unable to find it. i heard that the refresh for the LC is going to be pretty big.
the refresh already came for MY24 and it was just an interior update. Don't count on any exterior refreshes at this rate.. otherwise it would've updated and gotten those updated taillights from the LC-F prototype.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I think this is what was posted before second row second one from the left

Attachments

• 5C50E23E-5105-40DA-A637-66C94E045B32.jpeg
    5C50E23E-5105-40DA-A637-66C94E045B32.jpeg
    537.8 KB · Views: 31

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
I read on a reddit thread recently that the LS is going to be discontinued in 2025. Multiple folks on that thread confirmed the original statement and so there is probably some truth to it. If indeed true, that would be very sad as the LS started it all (and remains my favourite model in the Lexus brand). The same thread indicated the ES was going to get bigger (longer and wider).

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The ES will be getting a longer wheelbase judging by the teaser photo's longer greenhouse.. but it is no LS. Surely Lexus doesn't think the ES can take the LS's position too like it did the GS?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
17-01-08-lexus-ls-side-profile.jpg

2023-04-26-lexus-concept-teaser-2~3.jpg

Component miniaturization, more interior space, let the LS be a half step to a LM style interior.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Hearing LS500 is dead isnt a bad thing. Get the new LS or whatever crazy format flagship built.

The king is dead, long live the king.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Also in a LS 500 AWD…. I just took it on very sprinted driving and again, the chassis is like a night and day difference over the 460. Unfortunately like the 7 series (last gen I haven’t driven the new one) you got to haul ass to exploit things in this big car and most people simply won’t do that. This isn’t loaded so no rear steer etc and it’s still a great handling car.

I know the screen placement isn’t great but what a beautiful and well crafted interior. I find myself staring and touching it lol. And I much prefer this look than slapped on TV screens.

I’ll have more thoughts soon. I also saw the LS rumors and it worries me. IMG_4251.jpegIMG_4254.jpegIMG_4251.jpegIMG_4254.jpeg

Reactions
Also in a LS 500 AWD…. I just took it on very sprinted driving and again, the chassis is like a night and day difference over the 460. Unfortunately like the 7 series (last gen I haven’t driven the new one) you got to haul ass to exploit things in this big car and most people simply won’t do that. This isn’t loaded so no rear steer etc and it’s still a great handling car.

I know the screen placement isn’t great but what a beautiful and well crafted interior. I find myself staring and touching it lol. And I much prefer this look than slapped on TV screens.

I’ll have more thoughts soon. I also saw the LS rumors and it worries me. View attachment 7236View attachment 7237View attachment 7236View attachment 7237

A lot of people have complimented the LS' handling chops, especially the revered Jason Cammisa. It would be a huge shame to see the 5LS go early and the LS nameplate gone in general. I saw that post too and Lexus would be making a grave mistake that I honestly don't think they're THAT stupid enough of making.

However I think we should stop perpetuating this rumor as I have reason to believe it's a hoax. I'm pretty sure there's some miscommunication here and we're getting the 6LS like we're expecting. Someone very special told me that the LS will get the attention it desperately needs in about 2 years. So stay tuned.

The ES cannot cover the spots of BOTH the GS and LS. A scalable RWD platform is a must at this point and I don't see any TNGA-K platform being able to fulfill the Lexus sedan lineup in its entirety, especially the upper end of the Lexus portfolio. The ES is a good car for what it is (as much as I hate what it has done to the GS), but it's not that good in order for it to be the only sedan that Lexus offers bar the IS. That notion is abjectly wrong and stupid. At that point then what's the incentive for Lexus to build a new RWD IS that is currently in development and is slated to release in 2025/2026 if the LS is dead?

Aside from knowing that a 6LS (or at the very least a refreshed 5LS) is happening, this Reddit post insinuates that there will be an "R" line of cars which absolutely makes no sense. The next thing that's wrong was that there was no "refreshed" RC F Track Edition or a new LC Inspiration Series like this post also alludes to. Finally, they specifically said that the LS500 is being discontinued, that doesn't mean the LS in general is getting discontinued. As I mentioned above, there's some gross miscommunication happening here and unless we get more verified insider information we should collectively take a step back and calm down.

Last edited: