5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Still bummed this never came to be... I was kind of expecting it to make production as a heavy refreshed version of the 5LS.

20171025_01_05_s.jpg
Same design language as the cancelled 5GS and LF1 is what I recall Carmaker mentioning.. seems they full abandoned this instead for that new "spindle body" and split grille as seen on the TX/LBX... Which I think there's some potential in sculpting around an LS body.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I read 8ES (to be produced in Japan) is delayed one year to MY2026. Anyone else see this? I hope I'm wrong; the word had been 8ES coming Fall24/ MY2025.
Have not heard of this.. given it's sharing a platform with the S235 Crown now I see no reason for any delays 🤔 really hope we start hearing more about the future of Lexus sedans.. the LX facelift is all that's left for the meantime on the SUV side I think

Reactions: RAL

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
This thread makes me sad in a way.
So much hope in the early pages. What could have been.
Honestly the 5LS right now does nothing for me. Nothing at all.
I rarely ever see them on the road. I could probably count on one hand how many 5LS I have seen in my area since its debut.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
From Mag-X magazine:
Basically 2024 model will remain unchanged for the most part except for some minor improvements of chassis tuning (more rigid braces?) and from wheel nuts to bolts. 12.3'' LCD gauge will finally be added and new addition of some safety features. (not sure if it's LSS 3.0 or only partial of it, I believe it's the latter)

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Well if that's true its nice to see it getting constant updates.
Good news for potential owners as they should be getting a hopefully very well sorted out and reliable luxury vehicle at this stage of its life cycle.

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
What boggles my mind are new Lexus models coming out with outdated MIDs. The LX is the biggest offender of all. A flagship coming out with an 8-inch MID in 2022. The RX was also shipped with a 7-inch MID in the same year Toyota started equipping Highlanders with 12.3" MIDs.

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
What boggles my mind are new Lexus models coming out with outdated MIDs. The LX is the biggest offender of all. A flagship coming out with an 8-inch MID in 2022. The RX was also shipped with a 7-inch MID in the same year Toyota started equipping Highlanders with 12.3" MIDs.
I mentioned earlier they still need to honor supply agreements of these old parts and now these are expiring they can finally switch to the newer units.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
Will this be the last refresh before the possible replacement? So what Lexus models have this new 12.3 MID? Will the LS be the first?

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions
What boggles my mind are new Lexus models coming out with outdated MIDs. The LX is the biggest offender of all. A flagship coming out with an 8-inch MID in 2022. The RX was also shipped witha 7-inch MID in the same year Toyota started equipping Highlanders with 12.3" MIDs.
I believe the LX, was super delay the start up chime isn’t the new sound found on the NX.
Will this be the last refresh before the possible replacement? So what Lexus models have this new 12.3 MID? Will the LS be the first?
LS already had it since 2022 model for the hybrid. TX and GX will have the 12.3

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions
I stand corrected but it’s not the same as the new 12.3” MIDs. It’s nowhere near as configurable and has an older layout/graphics.
it’s not the same but it’s still 12.3. You mention it wasn’t 12.3. I’m sure the 2024 model would get the new version.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
So does anyone still believe that the LS will still evolve into a CUV or stay a sedan? What’s the consensus on that hunch?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
So does anyone still believe that the LS will still evolve into a CUV or stay a sedan? What’s the consensus on that hunch?

There are no rumors, no leaks, no trademarks, and no spy shots for the 6LS, so nobody knows.

After Lexus saying they weren't going to let this gen LS go unattended to for so long like the 4LS, they certainly seem to have changed their minds.

A real shame.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
There are no rumors, no leaks, no trademarks, and no spy shots for the 6LS, so nobody knows.

After Lexus saying they weren't going to let this gen LS go unattended to for so long like the 4LS, they certainly seem to have changed their minds.

A real shame.

We did have that BEV sedan leak that seemed quite large, no?

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@Gecko it seems the writing is on the wall. They should have trade marked it by now. It seems it will be done away with. By them not doing anything us basically telling us the model is done. I seen an article you commented on about the possibility of a CUV.