4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

Reactions
I know the T24A is the replacement for the 2GR but I'm sure the idea of a 4cyl replacing a V6 is still difficult for a lot of people. The same issue that plagued the LS. A single turbo detuned version of the LS TTV6 would have been lovely. replacing the 2GR with T24A which puts out less power than the 2GR is just adding salt to injury IMO. Lexus can do better.

It's not just the less power. It's nice that it makes a lot more torque, but the T24A-FTS is such a lazy engine I can't be asked to care about it too much.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Seeing "real life" footage... it looks a bit bland. Certainly seems big though.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It looks bland because it's just an enlarged design of the RAV4 which we have become too familiar with.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
A YouTuber is being prosecuted for deliberately crashing an airplane to get more views. Any day now it'll be "I drove the press loaner Lexus off a cliff and here's what happened!"
Didn't an off-duty cop already drive a Lexus off a cliff and blame stuck pedals or something?

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Didn't an off-duty cop already drive a Lexus off a cliff and blame stuck pedals or something?
Off duty cop had a courtesy ES350 (with RX350 all weather floormats over the carpet mats) with the pedal entrapped under the floormat. He didn't brake strong enough initially and continued just riding the brakes to maintain speed rather than coming to a stop, so the brakes were destroyed and the car continued accelerating. Eventually crashed and all 4 passengers died.

He could have avoided all this by popping it into neutral or using the right floormats or holding the brakes firmly to a stop when he noticed that the car was still accelerating. Really sad situation.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
What I don't like about these reviewers are they are full grown adults trying to fit in the 3rd row of a mid-sized suv. Nearly all the time it's kids who fit comfortably in the 3rd row no big deal.