4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Looks meh. It looks like an oversized RAV4, which IMO, isn’t a good thing. After seeing what Toyota did with the Prius and Crown design, I had high hopes. This is pretty underwhelming.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I really like the changes over the standard Highlander on the inside and outside - I wonder if the smaller version will get them at a refresh? Everything about this design is just a lot more cohesive and attractive.

Pretty impressed with it - Toyota threw everything at this Grand Highlander: size, design, tech, features, power, etc

Significantly more powerful and advanced than the MDX Type S lol.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I really like the changes over the standard Highlander on the inside and outside - I wonder if the smaller version will get them at a refresh? Everything about this design is just a lot more cohesive and attractive.

Pretty impressed with it - Toyota threw everything at this Grand Highlander: size, design, tech, features, power, etc

Significantly more powerful and advanced than the MDX Type S lol.

Acura screaming OMG TYPE S and literally every gotdamn thing has either more power or torque or both lol…

This will be a hit. We all know it.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
They absolutely nailed the exterior. Very impressed, looks rugged but approachable. Front and rear rends both look great.

Interior to me is still very TBD. Wasn't wowed by that part of the presentation but will have to sit in it and "handle it" a bit.

Overall, initial impressions are this will be extremely competitive and sell very well.

Again, I ask a question many on this Lexus forum don't want to really acknowledge as a possible fault. Is it big enough for the US market?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Only Sofyan is stupid enough to put “supersized rav4” on a YouTube title photo.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
We obviously know what powertrain TX 500h will have, but I am very curious about TX 550h+ 👀
Isn’t it the first time a Lexus “rebadge” gets an engine the Toyota doesn’t get? What chances are there the ES getting 550h+ version the Crown Crossover or next Camry don’t get?

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
Now I have to wonder if the Lexus TX 500h will be sold as an F-Sport Performance? I really hope not as 0-60 in 6.3 seconds or so is not befitting of an F-Sport Performance model, plus the 550h+ will exist.