4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Isn’t it the first time a Lexus “rebadge” gets an engine the Toyota doesn’t get? What chances are there the ES getting 550h+ version the Crown Crossover or next Camry don’t get?

Depends if customers would buy it i guess. Who would actually shell out 80k for ES?

As to Grand Highlander, looks nice for USA. When it comes to competition, it is all of the full sized 3 row SUVs, including new Mazda but who is whos competition really - Highlander + Grand Highlander on their own will outsell complete Mazda lineup in USA.

Reactions
I swear if one more YouTuber car guy holds his arms stretched out in the thumbnail I'm gonna unsubscribe to them. That sh1t is annoying.

Can we have this as an in-forum inside joke? The unofficial rule would be, we are not allowed to post thumbnails of people with their arms stretched out. If you want to post a video like that just paste the link. 🤣🤣

Break the rules? 1 week mute or ban it is. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That would be so much fun lol.

Last edited:
Reactions
If Toyota is claiming the 0-60 time be 6.3 seconds, I'm expecting it to hit just the 6 second mark. Hell, maybe hit the 5's.

Toyota is notorious for underrating their performance numbers in the past decade and a half and they did the same during the 90's.

I still wish Toyota had the balls to make an efficient V6. I'm upset.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If Toyota is claiming the 0-60 time be 6.3 seconds, I'm expecting it to hit just the 6 second mark. Hell, maybe hit the 5's.

Toyota is notorious for underrating their performance numbers in the past decade and a half and they did the same during the 90's.

I still wish Toyota had the balls to make an efficient V6. I'm upset.
IS, RC, GS, LS and LC are all overrated.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The LS has never seen 0-60 in 4.6 down hill with a quarter tank of gas and a tailwind 😂

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
B58 does it in 4.2 on X7.
Well we all know the B58 is underrated in its official figures so there's that. What i'm dissapointed in is the refusal to make that engine the replacement for the 2GR.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Realistically the 2GR replacement would be the T24A, and maybe a small turbo V6, 2.7L for bigger vehicles.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Realistically the 2GR replacement would be the T24A, and maybe a small turbo V6, 2.7L for bigger vehicles.
I know the T24A is the replacement for the 2GR but I'm sure the idea of a 4cyl replacing a V6 is still difficult for a lot of people. The same issue that plagued the LS. A single turbo detuned version of the LS TTV6 would have been lovely. replacing the 2GR with T24A which puts out less power than the 2GR is just adding salt to injury IMO. Lexus can do better.