4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Based on Alex's video, this appears to be waaaay bigger than the Highlander. $4500 cost up for the Hybrid Max over the T24. $1500 for the A25 hybrid over the T24. In either case, I'd probably go hybrid. Either the big fuel efficiency improvement or big performance improvement.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
GH surely stands out in the TMC lineup as being very generous with power train options.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

1st Place: 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Platinum AWD​

HIGHS: Carries the most cargo, strong fuel economy, lots of power.
LOWS: Higher price, cramped third row, Rubik's Cube shifter.
VERDICT: What the Grand Highlander lacks in pizazz, it makes up for in practicality.

mikeavelli

Reactions
34MPG

1st Place: 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Platinum AWD​

HIGHS: Carries the most cargo, strong fuel economy, lots of power.
LOWS: Higher price, cramped third row, Rubik's Cube shifter.
VERDICT: What the Grand Highlander lacks in pizazz, it makes up for in practicality.

Respect… Look the telluride has nothing to be ashemed of. Still solid even if you need a fire extinguisher.

But when Toyota puts their mind to something they are hard to beat

Motor

Expert
Reactions

In our three-row SUV comparison test, the Grand Highlander was the quickest in a straight line by a wide margin, getting to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds. That's despite it weighing more than any of its closest rivals, at a hefty 4936 pounds.

2nd Place: Toyota Grand Highlander​

HIGHS: Hauls ass and families, huge cargo space, best fuel economy.
LOWS: Inhospitable third row, unrefined suspension noises, so-so interior finishes.
VERDICT:
A hulking speed demon with a few foibles.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
The reviews complaint about third row space surprise me. I thought the Grand Highlander and TX had good third row space? That seemed to be the consensus from the early reviews.

As far as the Telluride and Grand Highlander comparison goes, it’s interesting to note the Telluride fuel economy was 2mpg better on the 200 mile, 75mph test.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
The reviews complaint about third row space surprise me. I thought the Grand Highlander and TX had good third row space? That seemed to be the consensus from the early reviews.
That surprised me also. Other reviewers say that the Grand Highlander's 3rd row is big enough for adults.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

As far as the Telluride and Grand Highlander comparison goes, it’s interesting to note the Telluride fuel economy was 2mpg better on the 200 mile, 75mph test.
For highway cruising the GH is basically carrying 155kg of dead weight. The lack of VVT-iW and a very odd decision to make Direct4 full-time really affected its highway fuel efficiency.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions

HIGHS: Hauls ass and families, huge cargo space, best fuel economy.
LOWS: Inhospitable third row, unrefined suspension noises, so-so interior finishes.
VERDICT: A hulking speed demon with a few foibles.

Like most of us stated the new Pilot is just meh. Toyota knocked it out the park with the GH as Mazda with the CX-90.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• 2024 Highlander Hybrid Nightshade features Stylish 18-Inch Black Wheels and Accents
  • Hybrid Nightshade Available on LE or XLE Grades in Choice of Front- or All Wheel Drive
  • Highlander Lineup Offers Efficient Hybrid or Turbo Charged 4-Cylinder Options
  • Highlander Hybrid Offers up-to a Remarkable 36 Combined MPG Rating
  • Hands-free Power Liftgate Now Standard on All XLE (Gas, Hybrid, Nightshade) and XSE (Gas) Grades
  • Latest Toyota Audio Multimedia System Standard and Available 12.3-Inch Touchscreen
1695912260915.jpeg