mikeavelli

Reactions
I saw like 8 of them in two days and a new Land Cruiser…sadly from behind I initially confused the sand collared LC for a GX…

What’s wild is I maybe have seen 8 LX’s in 3 years lol

The GX looks good on the road… commanding presence and the smaller grill really works…

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Guys,
Need some expert info/answer. Just read on youtube while watching GX review that since GX has turbo engine. Before shutting the car off we should wait for at least 30 sec for the engine to cool down. Few people were saying that that is not necessary any more. Soooo was just wandering is waiting neccessary to turn off the engine or not?

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Guys,
Need some expert info/answer. Just read on youtube while watching GX review that since GX has turbo engine. Before shutting the car off we should wait for at least 30 sec for the engine to cool down. Few people were saying that that is not necessary any more. Soooo was just wandering is waiting neccessary to turn off the engine or not?
IIRC, Toyota recommends some idling before shutting off if you have been racing the engine prior to stopping. If you've really been in the boost towing, for example, give it a bit of time before you turn off the engine. If you've just been driving on your normal commute, you can turn off immediately.

edit: did a bit of checking. There's a supplementary electric water pump that will push coolant through the turbocharger even if the engine is off.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Again 34k miles and no major issues in the LX 600. Driven up and down the East coast and as a daily. Normal turbo lag sometimes. We did just get the recall notice.

GoHuskers

Follower
Reactions
Again 34k miles and no major issues in the LX 600. Driven up and down the East coast and as a daily. Normal turbo lag sometimes. We did just get the recall notice.
That's very good to hear. Some Tundra owners reported 100k miles without issues. How is your service plan? a regular 5k 8k or 10k miles oil changes?