Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No issues so far really like the GX. Buuuuut it doesnt feel as well build as my '22 GX and the ride quality on those 22" wheels is really hash. IMO Lexus should have gone with 20" wheels max.

I'm in a few of the GX 550 FB groups and I've seen people selling wheels from all models: Premium, Premium+, OT, and Luxury... so maybe you can snag a set of someone else's take offs? Those 22s would be hard to live with on low profile tires and a BOF vehicle.

I actually like the Premium+ wheels most and would probably buy those if I had a Lux or Lux+.

Good to hear you're enjoying it otherwise!

Reactions
2024-land-rover-defender-130-outbound-vs-2024-lexus-gx550-overtrail-113-66ccc694a4d8c.jpg
Lexus GX550 vs Land Rover Defender 130 Outbound
Oh so NOW they care about refinement... smh.

Aside from the bizarre flutter, the Lexus wins on all accounts.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
The one off edition, not my cup of tea, but I assume some kind of pr partnership to bring the GX fresh customers and/or someone in the ownership is a a close confidant or patron of TMC.
No issues so far really like the GX. Buuuuut it doesnt feel as well build as my '22 GX and the ride quality on those 22" wheels is really hash. IMO Lexus should have gone with 20" wheels max.
@Deusex can you elaborate on the build quality? What specifically has fallen short?

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
Yep, I had to agree with that review. I my self would go with Land Rover if the reliability was better. At the end this is what really matters.
Its a very personal choice. The defender will always be a better rig to live (when it works) with since unibody but the 130 just looks odd. The GX has become quite a formidable option as a stablemate to G wagon, good road presence but is a truck at the end of the day.

Reliability and its role in vehicle sales in this category is very weird. Most are short term owners, whether lease, finance/cash.

Kelvin2020

Admirer
Reactions
Since picking up the car, I've driven nearly 4000km, so far everything has been great. I'm satisfied with the driving experience in both city and highway. I noticed some people in a Facebook group mentioning vibrations at high speeds, and while I can feel it, but it's not a big issue for me. Overall, it's still a comfortable ride. As for the interior, I think the build quality is pretty good, with no rattles at all. However, I think there's room for improvement in the materials used in the interior. I would definitely like to see Lexus use more leather in the GX, especially considering this car costs nearly 125k CAD after taxes.
IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7448.jpeg

Falcon

Fan
Reactions
I found the 300-series to be better than the Defender in almost every way. NVH, materials, etc... the Defender still handles better (though it's close) and has a V8. Can't wait to drive the new Patrol though.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions
I found the 300-series to be better than the Defender in almost every way. NVH, materials, etc... the Defender still handles better (though it's close) and has a V8. Can't wait to drive the new Patrol though.
Is the defender really a 300 series contender? I would think at that size, its big brother, the true RR would be the challenger.

In other news, GX550 owners, expect a tsb or recall for driveline vibration and or brake recall. Port qc stop was from July, and some MY24 models are still waiting to be shipped from Tahara.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Comparison tests between Land Cruisers and Land Rovers are always meaningless because the target demographics do not overlap. Customers already made up their mind before buying.

Give them a year or two to further tune the suspension for better ride. As for reliability, we don't know if GX's V35 has the same metal debris problem. They should offer factory rock slider/power side step options to replace the fixed running boards. Almost every LCP/LC I've ridden before had broken side steps.