Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Interior is not working for me - confirmed - after these photos. Two tone seats and the door pattern inserts are giving Toyota and I expect more out of a GX in terms of luxury and craftsmanship. The lack of trim and detailing in lieu of hard lines was definitely a decision and I guess the role of the LX is clearer to me now (luxury).

Also why no E-latch? Door handles...?

I wonder if the interior is pared down specifically to push luxury-minded shoppers to the LX?

GXP2001.jpg

2024_Toyota_Tacoma_Limited_021-1500x990.jpg

Based on pics, these are a little too close for comfort for me considering likely price. In fact, there are some elements of the Tacoma that I like more (wood, door panels).

Last edited:

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Interesting to note
only hood is aluminum

LC300 uses more aluminum ( front fender - doors- back door - roof )

GXP5011.jpg

lc300

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 08.25.50.png

Reactions
random question. since Toyota/Lexus HQ is in Plano, TX, why are the press releases for the GX/TX out of Austin?

guy80

Fan
Reactions
stand by original statement - will need to see in person + test drive
seems like it may be more alike Defender, utility over lux
will it be priced the same, I hope not

8200lb tow rating is perfect
HUD is great, old tech that should be standard in every car
Heated steering wheel is ideal
Steering wheel looks blah
Exterior..not sure it will age well

Reactions
Interior is not working for me - confirmed - after these photos. Two tone seats and the door pattern inserts are giving Toyota and I expect more out of a GX in terms of luxury and craftsmanship. The lack of trim and detailing in lieu of hard lines was definitely a decision and I guess the role of the LX is clearer to me now (luxury).

I wonder if the interior is pared down specifically to push luxury-minded shoppers to the LX?

View attachment 7395

View attachment 7397

Based on pics, these are a little too close for comfort for me considering likely price. In fact, there are some elements of the Tacoma that I like more (wood, door panels).
Man I have to strongly disagree. I think this is the best interior right now bar the LC and LS. This is just so purposeful.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions

View attachment 7395

View attachment 7397

Wait, so that picture clearly shows three zone climate control on the GX. It looks like my earlier criticism was unfounded. I wonder why it wasn’t in the model shown on the videos? Maybe it’s optional or the two-row models don’t have it? Strange.

I actually like the Tacoma dash layout better than the GX.

[edit:] I meant to say three-zone, not three row climate controls. Fixed.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Wait, so that picture clearly shows third row climate control on the GX. It looks like my earlier criticism was unfounded. I wonder why it wasn’t in the model shown on the videos? Maybe it’s optional or the two-row models don’t have it? Strange.

I actually like the Tacoma dash layout better than the GX.

I bet there is some weirdness going on with pre-production models... I can't see it not having three zone climate control. That would be crazy.

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions
It looks like the GX and TX are the first two vehicles to FINALLY get an all-digital 12in instrument cluster. Still surprised the LX and LS still have the smaller one with the graphics dating back to 2017/2018. Hopefully there’ll be some consistency across the model line soon enough.
The LS hybrid has the 12in instrument

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
What's up with the LX 600? Seriously. The LX 600 has always been a little "botched" IMO but I am trying to understand how Lexus has positioned this GX and the LX because they're now almost the same size and use the same wheelbase. The LX's extra length must just be in overhangs. GX has a larger interior screen and massaging seats, but considering my gripes with the lack of luxury in the GX 550, I guess Lexus wants to push people like me into the LX 600? LX used to be purchased by people who wanted the most spacious Lexus or the most badass off-roader, but the TX is now the largest and the GX is now the most off-road ready. LX is finding itself in a bit of no-man's land... and not in a good way.

Yeah I don't know what is the point of the LX now. Unless you're stuck on a F Sport model or you just have to have the super luxury, ottoman recliner etc of the $130k model.

Reactions
was the hybrid confirmed for the 2.4L Turbo?

Anyways, car looks great exteriorly. Interior, they pulled the 4runner SR5 premium two tone look. It looks parts bin or just straight ugly.

Edit: i think those considering the GX should also wait for the release of the 4runner. ying yang.

Will1991

Reactions

IMO I see that as a clear indication that Lexus expects this car to in fact do off road driving.

In a mechanical system it's easier to do modifications and if you get in real trouble and need to open the door ASAP it's better to have a "normal" system, in a stress situation the muscle memory reacts faster and elatch still is pretty new.
Not to mention that those who do real off-roading usually prefer mechanical systems.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
IMO I see that as a clear indication that Lexus expects this car to in fact do off road driving.

In a mechanical system it's easier to do modifications and if you get in real trouble and need to open the door ASAP it's better to have a "normal" system, in a stress situation the muscle memory reacts faster and elatch still is pretty new.
Not to mention that those who do real off-roading usually prefer mechanical systems.

Yea notice the mechanical shifter too......it's done in purpose although ugly af.