Reactions
I’m still hopeful that we will get a higher performance variant to compete with a X3 M40i. I thought that the 450+ would have taken on that role with either more powerful electric motors or replacing the n/a 2.5 with the turbo 2.4 attached to the plug in power train. How likely do guys think it is to get a faster version? I really wanted to get this NX but would it be better to wait out for the RZ?

Reactions
I doubt there will be an F Performance version of the new NX until at least the mid cycle refresh in 3-4 years. So maybe the 2025 or 2026 model year. Lexus will be very busy with updating other models and will probably leave the NX unchanged for a while.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looks like the 450h+ won't be available in all states like the RAV4 Prime. This is disappointing as it will be difficult to get and very expensive.

Unfortunately early production will be limited. Sounds like a RAV-4 PRIME demand still isn’t met. COVID isn’t making things easy. Hopefully production grows sooner then later.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Unfortunately early production will be limited. Sounds like a RAV-4 PRIME demand still isn’t met. COVID isn’t making things easy. Hopefully production grows sooner then later.

they sell a lot of primes these days, well, at least a lot more than before :)
But it was 2800 for last month in USA alone, and this is also a big important model for Europe, including Suzuki version as well.

mikeavelli

Reactions
they sell a lot of primes these days, well, at least a lot more than before :)
But it was 2800 for last month in USA alone, and this is also a big important model for Europe, including Suzuki version as well.

Yeah but if they sell 40k a month, 2800 is not even 10% of allocation. Demand is off the charts for it.

Will1991

Reactions
NX to get a BEV variant?

There's no pure-electric version of the car at launch, but when asked if Lexus might add such a variant at a later date - in a similar fashion to its approach with the smaller UX - the company's head of brand management Hiroo Togashi hinted that this could happen by replying, "The new NX will not have a BEV [pure-electric version] at the start of sales." The NX’s chief engineer, Takeato Kato, confirmed that there is no technical reason why the NX could not be offered in pure-electric form.

Source: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus...nx-arrives-firms-first-plug-hybrid-drivetrain

Will1991

Reactions
We're starting to know how deep this new Lexus generation goes:

The new NX, which will soon go on sale, is also a waypoint for such.

Multimedia systems and connected services functions will be installed in the new NX as it undergoes its first complete redesign in four years.

What we insisted on were information gathered at the source and locally rooted product development.

Because road conditions and the way cars are used differ depending on the country and the region, there is a limit to the rolling out of a single package worldwide.

Connected technologies are useful in considering products that suit each region. To meet the expectations of our customers and society, we developed the new NX in each region, based on the concept of gathering information at the source.

Of course, the new NX will be capable of OTA (over-the-air) updates of its software. In addition to eliminating the time gap in the introduction of new technologies among regions, we will strive to create vehicles that reflect the ever-changing needs of our customers and local communities.

Multimedia and safety functions can also be updated, but I think our challenges are to increase the number of systems subject to OTA updates and to enhance various functions that please our customers.

Source: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/35891478.html

Reactions
It appears that the Mark Levinson audio upgrade will not be available on the 450h+. Only available on the 350h, 350 and 250. I'm guessing that some additional components of the PHEV system are blocking the cavities used for the additional speakers or amp. I wish this was not the case since I really wanted to get the ML system. Anyone know for sure?

Kennyth

Fan
Reactions
Does the 2022 still have power fold mirrors didnt see it mention anywhere, and it looks like the new NX doesnt have LED front signal unless its with triple beam, kinda a downgrade since the old one LED front available on premium package and up.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It appears that the Mark Levinson audio upgrade will not be available on the 450h+. Only available on the 350h, 350 and 250. I'm guessing that some additional components of the PHEV system are blocking the cavities used for the additional speakers or amp. I wish this was not the case since I really wanted to get the ML system. Anyone know for sure?

I've heard this from a few other people as well, and I hope Lexus fixes it. Paying $60k+ for a NX and not getting Mark Levinson is a major miss on Lexus' behalf. There's so much demand for PHEVs that it probably won't make a difference at first, but it's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed, especially for Lexus faithful buyers who have had/want ML.

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Yeah, demand seems to be pretty high. I called my dealer yesterday and he told me there's already a waiting list. He also said that there will be a $15,000 "surcharge" on top of MSRP for all 450h+ models until supply meets demand. His estimate was possibly by mid-2023. So that puts the out-the-door price at about $80,000. I told him I would pass.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Yeah, demand seems to be pretty high. I called my dealer yesterday and he told me there's already a waiting list. He also said that there will be a $15,000 "surcharge" on top of MSRP for all 450h+ models until supply meets demand. His estimate was possibly by mid-2023. So that puts the out-the-door price at about $80,000. I told him I would pass.

Well of course he will tell you there is a demand :) That's car dealin 101 especially now that Lexus really counts on NX to become bread and butter which it wasn't in the first gen.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Also keep in mind his job is ALWAYS to sell a car today, not a year from now. Car dealers will tell you what they want to make a sale NOW, not in the future. Sure there might be a surcharge depending on where you live but more than likely he's just wanting you to settle for something sooner.

For the record, we got a RAV4 Prime back in February and let me tell you the 450+ will be a huge winner in my eyes. Lexus can't PHEV the lineup soon enough, but please Lexus think of the ES/LS too...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Unfortunately, from what I've heard, I think NX 450h+ supply will be very low for at least a year, so it won't surprise me to see dealers charging crazy markup.

These batteries are capacity constrained across the board and only have more upcoming uses/models.

Will1991

Reactions
I think TMC uses the same or similar battery cell for the RAV4 Prime, the triplets (UX300e/CHR/IZOA), for the new NX450h+ and perhaps the next RX450h+.
Even the RZ450e might use them.

Please note, this is only a personal opinion, it’s not any insider info.