Reactions
For a base price of 60k BMW will give you a 255hp 2.0 I-4 mild hybrid in the new 530.

Waiting for the outrage lol
The BMW 4cyl is generally smoother than the new Lexus 4cyl, not to mention you get a more sporty and more comfy interior. At 60k though I at least wish it was a proper hybrid, though it understandably is not considering BMW has all thrusters on fully electric models now. Neue Klasse should be interesting. Also I'm saying that the Lexus 4cyl arent as smooth as an NX owner.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
The BMW 4cyl is generally smoother than the new Lexus 4cyl, not to mention you get a more sporty and more comfy interior. At 60k though I at least wish it was a proper hybrid, though it understandably is not considering BMW has all thrusters on fully electric models now. Neue Klasse should be interesting. Also I'm saying that the Lexus 4cyl arent as smooth as an NX owner.

It's a fact. by the time everyone makes good turbo engines lexus is already too late into the game.

Reactions
It's a fact. by the time everyone makes good turbo engines lexus is already too late into the game.
Yeah, it's hilarious to see all the experts and moderators trying to defend it. They need to accept that it is a subpar engine compared to the outgoing models. All to get what? 1mpg more? The 2.5 hybrid is the only 4cyl that should be present in the Lexus Lineup, for the sake of efficiency.

Reactions
The new BMW i530MediocreSport, coming soon to a kia dealer's 'pre-owned' lot near you
M is mediocre? Have you see F? It used to be great but it has just become a badge now. Even a massive 4 cylinder large SUV has an F badge. F no longer stands for anything.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah, it's hilarious to see all the experts and moderators trying to defend it. They need to accept that it is a subpar engine compared to the outgoing models. All to get what? 1mpg more? The 2.5 hybrid is the only 4cyl that should be present in the Lexus Lineup, for the sake of efficiency.

Then why are you here? We need to accept its subpar? How about you need to accept this site is called the Lexus Enthusiast.

If you want to **** on Lexus, Clublexus is taking applications.

Reactions
Then why are you here? We need to accept its subpar? How about you need to accept this site is called the Lexus Enthusiast.

If you want to **** on Lexus, Clublexus is taking applications.
I am a lexus enthusiast. I own an NX300H and I am looking into a TX plug-in...im saying 4cyl is the wrong direction for lexus to take for it's larger models. I am a lexus enthusiast, not a lexus sheep.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
There has also been no editorial or media posted for Lexus Enthusiast in two and a half months, the facebook account was deleted by Meta without explanation, and the Instagram is not utilized, so that's a pretty challenging trifecta for an enthusiast outlet.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
There has also been no editorial or media posted for Lexus Enthusiast in two and a half months, the facebook account was deleted by Meta without explanation, and the Instagram is not utilized, so that's a pretty challenging trifecta for an enthusiast outlet.
Hes not wrong about the toxic users ruining it. Half the new posts i dont even see as its just a human centipede of users ive blocked having a potluck.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Heard on the users and tone.

I feel like we've seen the Lexus enthusiast community waffle in/out and good/bad over the last 15 years in relation to product or lack thereof. It also happens with most other brands too, so Lexus isn't alone in this, but I feel like the discussion here has been a higher level (and more positive) than other places over time.

I think the nature of communities is always going to be "all walks of life" but it becomes more challenging to keep the positivity and excitement going without an infusion of new content, product updates, media moments, etc that get people excited and revved up. That's part on the brand side, and part on the enthusiast media side.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly I’m pretty much done for a myriad of reasons. Not mad or bitter or anything kinda just done. Not sure it’s worth expanding on as nothing will change. I’m also just busy and need to prioritize what brings a check. This doesn’t,

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
But...what else are there to talk about. The vehicle is released and actual owners are enjoying it. This is NOT a forum for owners to discuss modifications, customizations, or owning experience.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
Saw my first one out in the wild today. It looked good. The photos online do NOT do this vehicle justice. It is very boxy from the back giving it a lot of presence. Grille did not bother me at all in the darker gray paint, I prefer it to the lightish brown they had on display at the La auto show.

I think it’s easier to scrutinize online but I can see why people walk away impressed when they go to a dealership and see it in person.