Reactions
I could see TX 350h for global markets, but 245hp is going to be a hard sell for a large, luxury 3-row CUV here in the US. It's not powerful enough.

But then I also wonder if the TX might be too big for those global markets anyway?
That's what I've been told, but I was thinking since Toyota grand highlander has a hybrid version and it is very fuel efficient given the size of the vehicle.

I wish they have a hybrid version in TX with 7 passenger seats configuration.

Reactions
I was thinking about 500 or 550, but no 7 seats is a deal braker
Who will buy such a big car for 6 seats only ?
Exactly, I'm thinking they might release a hybrid version with 7 seats config next year? as I'm pretty sure that there is market for 7 seats with hybrid.

May be we have to wait? Also, I've been hearing that the gasoline engines are even better than hybrid ones (of course, except the fuel economy) on a longer run, but now i'm not sure anymore.

Reactions
I think the TX has the potential to end Infiniti, and potentially Acura.

Might sound dramatic, but Infiniti has almost nothing else aside from the QX80. If Lexus takes a chunk out of their sales via QX60, is Infiniti still viable? Is Infiniti viable now?

Acura is on slightly better footing but not by much. RDX sells better than QX50, and the ZDX is around the corner, but if the TX eats into MDX sales, Acura doesn't have a whole lot else going for them.

Agree, the TX is miles ahead of Acura and Infiniti. However, the QX60 and MDX are priced at RX levels. It seems like Lexus is going for the in between pricing of higher than the not quite luxury brands, but a better value for the space than the Germans

mikeavelli

Reactions
What’s the rational for Lexus to eschew real wood in the upcoming TX and GX? I can understand it if it’s a design language thing, but then why would you put fake wood in its place? Screams cost cutting for sake of more profits….

What fake wood? Lexus has never used fake wood so this would be news to me. I see some leather on the dash and silver trim.

I saw wood in the GH, looked good to me.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
What’s the rational for Lexus to eschew real wood in the upcoming TX and GX? I can understand it if it’s a design language thing, but then why would you put fake wood in its place? Screams cost cutting for sake of more profits….
The up close videos show wood and good leather....

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Are you saying there is wood in the TX/GX? I thought there‘s no wood in these vehicles. I’m confused.
Theres a japanese GX walkthrough, and even the overland package had wood detailing and stuff. I mean the guy didnt have a spectrometer but worth checking out.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'm unsure on the TX, but on some of the 3GX deep dives, it was mentioned that the interior has "grained trim" but not real wood trim. TX seems to have the same "black grained trim" that is on the GX pre-order guide.

With how it's presented, I would assume those trims are not real wood.

Reactions
I'm unsure on the TX, but on some of the 3GX deep dives, it was mentioned that the interior has "grained trim" but not real wood trim. TX seems to have the same "black grained trim" that is on the GX pre-order guide.

With how it's presented, I would assume those trims are not real wood.

That’s how I understood as well, hence my original comment. Seems to have fooled some already though!

My $.02: I’ve noticed this cheapening by Lexus through the years. Take for instance Nuluxe. Used to be where the Germans politely asked you to pay extra for leather whereas Lexus had it as standard; this helped to increase their value factor against their competitors. Nowadays, it’s either an up charge (taking a page from the Germans) or completely unavailable yet you are still paying $50k+ for fake leather seating for a new Lexus. Everyone has their opinion on Nuluxe, but if I’m paying $50k+ I’d want the real deal. /end rant