Reactions
Just realized the TX is straight up shamelessly using two Toyota paint colors: Wind Chill Pearl and Celestial Silver Metallic.

Not even Eminent White Pearl or Iridium!?
The more I read about the TX and think about it, it seems like supremely lazy badge engineering and robust cost cutting, which is unfortunate.

I think there's a distinct market for a luxury 3 row of this size, but Lexus appears to be, at best, phoning it in.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
The more I read about the TX and think about it, it seems like supremely lazy badge engineering and robust cost cutting, which is unfortunate.

I think there's a distinct market for a luxury 3 row of this size, but Lexus appears to be, at best, phoning it in.

It could be that the Grand Highlander is a badge engineered TX.
The Tx is a badge-engineered Grand Highlander. The Grand Highlander was designed first and then the front and rear ends changed to Lexusfy it to make the TX.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
What badge-engineering cost more? Grand Higlander vs TX or Landcruiser Prado vs GX?

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions

Obviously yet to see the TX in person, but based on everything I have read and seen, I would completely agree with you. Other than space and the Lexus reliability factor, I am not really sure what the TX has going for it.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Obviously yet to see the TX in person, but based on everything I have read and seen, I would completely agree with you. Other than space and the Lexus reliability factor, I am not really sure what the TX has going for it.
The V6 PHEV. Of course more expensive.

Reactions
I think the TX is going to sell very well. This is just my opinion, but I feel like the Lexus lineup is split into two categories. There’s the premium luxury Lexus vehicles that do compete with BMW/Mercedes/Audi then there’s the sort of entry level Lexus luxury vehicles that compete more with Acura/Infinity/Genesis. I feel like the LS, LX, LC, RC, and GX are in the premium Lexus lineup, with the UX, NX, ES, and TX are in the entry level Lexus category. The IS and RX fall in the middle, depending on trim.

I doubt there will be a whole lot of would be BMW or Mercedes buyers cross shopping the TX, but I do think the TX will sell very well to people who are moving up or want something nicer that a Highlander. I think the TX is a great bridge to introduce people to the Lexus brand.
I would say that the TX is in an in-between, kinda of like the X5 in BMW's lineup, due to its different powertrain options. I know people who have sat in one and despite it lacking visual opulence on the interior it is still extremely comfortable, with relatively plush seats, etc. The 4cyl powertrains are more on the entry-level but the plug-in hybrid (which will be smooth but also around 80k starting, is definitely a luxury. I would say the luxury trims of the RX are the same way. TX will be appealing to the MDX market but also the 550h+ will be loved by the X7 40i and GLS450 buyers who are comparing similar powerful V6 engines and comfy interiors.

Reactions
The V6 PHEV. Of course more expensive.
Absolutely. That powertrain is going to be smoother than the German 6cyl powertrains and the fact that its a hybrid means it gets 30+ MPG. We know for sure its bulletproof since it uses the 450h+ powertrain.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Absolutely. That powertrain is going to be smoother than the German 6cyl powertrains and the fact that its a hybrid means it gets 30+ MPG. We know for sure its bulletproof since it uses the 450h+ powertrain.
I thought it uses the e-axle setup?

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I would say that the TX is in an in-between, kinda of like the X5 in BMW's lineup, due to its different powertrain options. I know people who have sat in one and despite it lacking visual opulence on the interior it is still extremely comfortable, with relatively plush seats, etc. The 4cyl powertrains are more on the entry-level but the plug-in hybrid (which will be smooth but also around 80k starting, is definitely a luxury. I would say the luxury trims of the RX are the same way. TX will be appealing to the MDX market but also the 550h+ will be loved by the X7 40i and GLS450 buyers who are comparing similar powerful V6 engines and comfy interiors.

I think very few buyers go and buy X7 or GLS because of the utility space, cargo versatility, etc. Majority buys them cause they are the flagship product in the lineup and space just happens to come with it. Just like how back in the day people went out to buy flagship sedans. In my perception TX is even further away from X7 than ES is from BMW 5 or RX from X5.

Anyway Wind Chill Pearl has to be the worst name for a paint hue I've heard in a while.

mikeavelli

Reactions
2024 Lexus TX 350 | Matador Red Mica | Lexus Southern Area

mikeavelli

Reactions
I bet you it its better in person.

Its quite a departure from busy designs ala that audi

It’s funny the competitors here have the usual big grill in their shape and emblem. TX really stands out with the color keyed grill and emblem on the hood. Obviously not for everyone but it can’t be mistaken for anything else up front. Except people with Toyota highlander jokes lol.

Otherwise it’s inoffensive. Handsome. I won’t say like ground breaking because it’s not styling wise. But i’m sure it will resonate with buyers.

FullSizeRender.jpeg