Reactions
Some BTS clips of some TX training on their IG story…

Interesting they are competing this with the Infiniti and not the X5/GLE. Will this be priced closer to QX60 (which is $50k, the same as the RX)? That would explain the interior. The videos aren't convincing me this is very luxurious for the expected price.

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 9.41.31 AM.png

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
It's a family people hauler. Their target market wants a 3 row lexus, they're probably not cross shopping whatever equivalents if any from BMW or MB

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Gone are the days when Lexus aims for the "top" and going after Infiniti and possibly Acura? Makes me a bit sad at these choices.

I've always heard they identify target market opportunities and send it out for design competition internally.

Besides, a 3 row full on luxury BoF SUV from lexus built to the standards people expect would make it a six figure proposition and people would be outraged.

Reactions
I've always heard they identify target market opportunities and send it out for design competition internally.

Besides, a 3 row full on luxury BoF SUV from lexus built to the standards people expect would make it a six figure proposition and people would be outraged.

The top of the midsize/fullsize 3 rows from BMW/MB/Audi are not BoF, The GX more or less stands alone in that class with only the Defender (under 100k). it's an interesting approach to aim down to the QX60 that is priced at RX levels.

The TX is overall longer than the X5/GLE/Q7, so there is value in offering more space for less money. If this starts at low $60k, the TX will carve it's own market in the larger than midsize but not quite full size luxury category. The length is more X7/GLS, but the wheelbase of the TX is actually 6-7in shorter than the german full size and 1-2in shorter than the german midsize.

I think this will do well for Lexus despite my reservations on the interior materials.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Guys calm down lol. They have a ton of competitors direct and non-direct to compare to. This is a training session for dealers employees. The QX60 makes sense bring a 7 seat unibody suv to compare too. It isn’t the only vehicle there.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Gone are the days when Lexus aims for the "top" and going after Infiniti and possibly Acura? Makes me a bit sad at these choices.

The TX is going after the MDX which is the best selling 3 row crossover and the QX60 which is their best selling vehicle. The RX L just couldn’t really compete being so small. On paper the TX has more power, better mpg, more space etc etc.

It is also going after the Germans but less so as it’s not as luxurious without V-8 etc options.As you stated the TX is right there in size.

Pricing will be revealed shortly

Reactions
The TX is going after the MDX which is the best selling 3 row crossover and the QX60 which is their best selling vehicle. The RX L just couldn’t really compete being so small. On paper the TX has more power, better mpg, more space etc etc.

It is also going after the Germans but less so as it’s not as luxurious without V-8 etc options.As you stated the TX is right there in size.

Pricing will be revealed shortly
will the 550h+ be available at dealers before end of 2023?

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I think the TX is going to sell very well. This is just my opinion, but I feel like the Lexus lineup is split into two categories. There’s the premium luxury Lexus vehicles that do compete with BMW/Mercedes/Audi then there’s the sort of entry level Lexus luxury vehicles that compete more with Acura/Infinity/Genesis. I feel like the LS, LX, LC, RC, and GX are in the premium Lexus lineup, with the UX, NX, ES, and TX are in the entry level Lexus category. The IS and RX fall in the middle, depending on trim.

I doubt there will be a whole lot of would be BMW or Mercedes buyers cross shopping the TX, but I do think the TX will sell very well to people who are moving up or want something nicer that a Highlander. I think the TX is a great bridge to introduce people to the Lexus brand.

mikeavelli

Reactions
:( do you know if it qualifies for full EV credit?

That is a good question. Initially I would say not but with it being built in America maybe it gets a partial? I can ask.

Reactions
yeah, it should qualify in 2023 since the rules are a bit lenient on materials so as long as they manufacture in US. 2024 has different set of rules based on source of battery materials etc.,.

Even if 550h+ is priced $75k+, with $7500 ev credit, it gets competitive.

That is a good question. Initially I would say not but with it being built in America maybe it gets a partial? I can ask.

Reactions
I hope it releases before the end of 2023 because then it gets 7500 in lease money back. You could then just lease and buy the very next month.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I believe the residual+pay off does not take into account the $7,500 credit and is still ends up coming out to the full amount. I could be wrong.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I believe the residual+pay off does not take into account the $7,500 credit and is still ends up coming out to the full amount. I could be wrong.
The $7500 is treated like a down payment or lease cash coming directly off the cap cost. If you lease and then buy, you should be getting negotiated price minus the tax credit.

Reactions
Guys calm down lol. They have a ton of competitors direct and non-direct to compare to. This is a training session for dealers employees. The QX60 makes sense bring a 7 seat unibody suv to compare too. It isn’t the only vehicle there.
Hi Mike. Love your videos. What do you think of the rumored Lexus TZ? I think it could feature the next gen lithium ion with 621 mi range batteries.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hi Mike. Love your videos. What do you think of the rumored Lexus TZ? I think it could feature the next gen lithium ion with 621 mi range batteries.

Thank you. I honestly haven’t heard anything. Dealer meeting is in two weeks tho….. Seems the the Kia EV9 is struggling at home. So is the EQS, the Audis etc ,,. super pricey and limited market it seems. Tesla dropping prices hurts them too. If the specs you are saying are even close to a production car that would be revolutionary. I just think we are going to hit a weird point where non EV early adopters still struggle to buy an EV.

Just posted this a few minutes ago.
Lexus TX 350 | 500h “Slide Assist Walk In Mechanism” to the Third Row