mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I agree with you habu987. Also, the hybrid and PHEV version does not get a second-row bench (3 person) seat, just the 2 seat captain chairs.

I assume since this is the first-generation TX, maybe on the second year production or even later the second-generation TX would have the option for wood trim, more choice with interior options and exterior colors, etc., leather options, wood trimmed steering wheel option, massaging seats, acoustic glass, triple beam headlights, etc. I want to put down a deposit for the TX 550h+ but as you mentioned the TX is missing many options, choices, etc...

I doubt there would be second generation TX unless something goes wrong with Lexus being all BEV brand

Reactions
I think I said this before but after landing went straight to shoot the TX.. since I had my Tumi luggage with me it was a perfect chance to show how well the luggage fit with the third row up. Massive difference compared to the LX.

Just to set a baseline, I test drove a Grand Highlander a couple weeks ago and did a luggage + passengers test. It's excellent and is pretty close to the Yukon/Tahoe/Expedition in terms of capacity.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Just to set a baseline, I test drove a Grand Highlander a couple weeks ago and did a luggage + passengers test. It's excellent and is pretty close to the Yukon/Tahoe/Expedition in terms of capacity.

It’s well done for sure for room.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Just "for room" ?

Are you able to let us know when we can expect your (and other's) more detailed reviews of the TX?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Just "for room" ?

Are you able to let us know when we can expect your (and other's) more detailed reviews of the TX?

I should have my hands on one soon but won’t be able to speak on driving impressions until Lexus gives the go ahead. Likely after the TX press drive I assume.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
I should have my hands on one soon but won’t be able to speak on driving impressions until Lexus gives the go ahead. Likely after the TX press drive I assume.
Thanks a lot Mike. Looking forward to reading your (driving and other) impressions of the TX when it does come out.

Reactions
since I had my Tumi luggage with me it was a perfect chance to show how well the luggage fit with the third row up.
5021a033-1de8-492c-a6aa-047b0f2c9026_text.gif

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think I said this before but after landing went straight to shoot the TX.. since I had my Tumi luggage with me it was a perfect chance to show how well the luggage fit with the third row up. Massive difference compared to the LX.

I wanted to share this clip. I made it when I had a RX L in Cali. I was coming from the TX/GX launch. Technically the TX replaces the RX L and you can see the MASSIVE difference in size and cargo space. I used the same luggage

Lexus RX 350 L Cargo Review! Lexus TX is much larger!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Reactions
Wonder if 550h+ would qualify for the EV rebate since it is manufactured in US?

my local dealer refuse to take deposit.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Some BTS clips of some TX training on their IG story…