mikeavelli

Reactions
Thank you for the coverage, pics and videos, @mikeavelli!

I don't have much to say that's positive about this car other than the fact that it fills a much-needed hole and I hope it's successful for Lexus 😬

MDX, Q60 and Q7 are here. I’ll be honest this is a great class they all are really good. The TX absolutely demolishes them with space overall and the third row and cargo area isn’t close. . The Audi offers the SQ7 which is cool. The TX with the 500h would be a MDX Type S competitor. The Q60 has the second most space but no hybrid or performance model. The TX 550h+ they have zero answer for. The interior might not be to everyone’s tastes but the large 14” screen is really awesome to use and the competition is tiny.

I honestly think the TX will directly take away from the MDX and Q60 directly for those cross shopping not the loyal diehards.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
MDX, Q60 and Q7 are here. I’ll be honest this is a great class they all are really good. The TX absolutely demolishes them with space overall and the third row and cargo area isn’t close. . The Audi offers the SQ7 which is cool. The TX with the 500h would be a MDX Type S competitor. The Q60 has the second most space but no hybrid or performance model. The TX 550h+ they have zero answer for. The interior might not be to everyone’s tastes but the large 14” screen is really awesome to use and the competition is tiny.

I honestly think the TX will directly take away from the MDX and Q60 directly for those cross shopping not the loyal diehards.

I think the TX has the potential to end Infiniti, and potentially Acura.

Might sound dramatic, but Infiniti has almost nothing else aside from the QX80. If Lexus takes a chunk out of their sales via QX60, is Infiniti still viable? Is Infiniti viable now?

Acura is on slightly better footing but not by much. RDX sells better than QX50, and the ZDX is around the corner, but if the TX eats into MDX sales, Acura doesn't have a whole lot else going for them.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Audi's Q7 is honestly not even competition tbh. Outdated, ugly, and uncompetitive, it's only selling point is that it's an Audi and is X5-priced but with a 3rd row. The X5 and X7 both outsell the Q7, and the Q7 is soldering on for another 2-3 years till it gets a new gen it deserved 2 years ago

Reactions
Is there a possibility that TX will come in hybrid as in Rx350h or Grand highlander hybrid?

Reactions
500h+ doesn't come with 7 passenger seats, which will be a worry for some users.

I spoke to the dealer, and he seems to derive that it is not possible to use Rx350h+ drive train on the TX for the reason it is heavy, and the only option is to go for TX500h F sport.

I think they have a hybrid train for the Grand highlander (7.5 litres per 100km), and it should be possible for them to build one in the future.

TX350 fuel efficiency is not that great on paper, and it's my only worry. Unless, the regular gasoline engines are much better on a long run than the hybrid counterpart?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I could see TX 350h for global markets, but 245hp is going to be a hard sell for a large, luxury 3-row CUV here in the US. It's not powerful enough.

But then I also wonder if the TX might be too big for those global markets anyway?

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
Here is the TX 500h FSP in caviar… note that on the drivers instrument cluster it now shows your navigation too. This was new for me.

2024 Lexus TX 500h F SPORT Performance in Black/Caviar. Quick review.
Does it show on the Heads Up Display as well ?

Assuming the GX550 will be the same

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I could see TX 350h for global markets, but 245hp is going to be a hard sell for a large, luxury 3-row CUV here in the US. It's not powerful enough.

But then I also wonder if the TX might be too big for those global markets anyway?
In most of the world family 3-row SUVs are usually 4.8m long, 1.9m wide and 1.8m tall or about the same as the regular Highlander. By making the TX, Lexus now actually has no 3-row unibidy product for the global market.

Only the U.S. market has an obsession with putting adults in the third row and refuse to buy a van hence the huge size of these SUVs. For the rest of the world people just buy a van and get way more space.

Reactions
I like the nav in the instrument cluster...but will it display Google/Apple nav there, too? The last time I used built in nav in any vehicle was back in 2012 or so, it'd be great AA/CP would show up in the instrument cluster and HUD.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I like the nav in the instrument cluster...but will it display Google/Apple nav there, too? The last time I used built in nav in any vehicle was back in 2012 or so, it'd be great AA/CP would show up in the instrument cluster and HUD.
My '23 GR Corolla shows the CarPlay navigation prompts in the gauge cluster. I expect this would as well since it is a more recently designed vehicle.