2022 Honda Civic

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Is there any real difference between sedan and a hatch this time around? They look exactly the same.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The Civic sedan is longer, with a longer rear overhang, and the slope of the rear windscreen flattens out for the trunklid.
Honda-Civic_Sedan-2022-800-0f.jpg
(NetCarShow.com)

The Civic hatchback, however, is shorter, with a shorter rear overhang, and the slope of the rear windscreen does not flatten out, giving it a chopped, Kammback look. The rear C-pillar window also looks different from the sedan's window.
Honda-Civic-2022-800-07.jpg
(NetCarShow.com)

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The proportions are a little weird on the hatch, it feels like it's two different cars welded together. But it's still a big improvement on the previous Civic, and as Mike says it'll sell zillions.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Another Civic made by GAC-Honda. The GAC-Honda "Integra".😄😄
IMO, two color in promotion website it quite awesome.
And the rims design also better than ChDM Civic.
Powertrain will using 1.5T high-tuned same with other country/region's Civic, produced 182PS. No 2L NA for Chinese market.

QQ图片20210928223125.png
QQ截图20210928223205.jpg

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Very glad to see the wide rear fenders integrated properly into the design, rather than the (imo) cheap-looking wide fenders from the FK8 that would poke out and stop at the rear door.

Levi

Expert
Reactions

Rear reminds of Acura ZDX:
69bdaa00d471323aaad06ab26784d16c65b42404.jpg

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Lol you are right. The 8th gen Si from 2006 had 200PS. It's also the only generation the Si had same power as Type-R.
The real 8th gen Civic Type R a.k.a. the FD2 had 225PS though, not that fake sh!t that Honda made to trick the Europeans, the FN2 is basically a Jazz/Fit that has grown too heavy.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
At first glance I legitimately thought I was just looking at a regular Civic lol, looking at the stats and the "improvements" I wonder how minuscule is their developmental budget for this generation of the Civic Si.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
After digging through some of the test on the 11th gen Civic Si, boy is this a disappointing car, a new generation of something that's meant to be performance oriented yet it's half a second slower than it's predecessor, it lost the adaptive dampers fitted to the 10th gen Si as a way to cut cost despite still ending up being more expensive than the 10th gen Si, the real improvements that the 11th gen Si got is that it's quiter and more comfortable than the 10th gen Si, but isn't that kinda missing the point of a sporty and high performance version of the Civic?

From a driving experience perspective it still shares the same problem as its predecessor, mainly an engine that sounds like a vacuum cleaner, feels rough and doesn't like to rev out. If Honda America couldn't be bothered to improve or at least maintain its performance, at least put an engine that's enjoyable to use.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The Civic Si has has ~200hp for as long as I've had chest hair. WTF? I would be pissed if I was a Honda fanboi.
Well, the way I see it, chest hair doesn't last forever.....it eventually thins, turns gray, and falls out.

Besides, what matters in most driving is not HP but torque. Torque is what actually gets you moving and accelerating ......HP gives you ultimate top speed. I partially agree with you, though, that older Honda VTEC engines were strong on high-RPM-HP and very low on torque at low-RPM....which is the opposite of what a lot of Americans like. I can't really compare them to some of the newest Honda powerplants because I haven't sampled them the newest ones..

mikeavelli

Reactions
ACuRa is the performance brand of Honda and the integra has not one more hp over the civic lol