2022 Acura Integra

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hm, that's not bad at all. Fastback styling, I'll be honest I'm a sucker for the current Acura styling, so the headlights, grille, and tail-lights look pretty nice to me. If it's anything like the Civic Type R, it should be a pretty great thing to go up against the GTI for the price, while being more practical (albeit definitely less competent) than an MX-5 or 86/BRZ.
You and like 3 people like it including the lead designer and maybe Honda trend.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Seriously, I just don't know what they were thinking at Acura and how they thought this was fine. Porsche Panamera was controversial when it came, Honda Crosstour, latest Genesis G80, but this is on Mercedes EQS level ugly, without the brand and value, even damaging history.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Honestly though, how much does Honda, more specifically Honda Japan still about care about their fans and their performance cars? I bet very little, if not zero, I mean they let their partners in China freely slap the Integra badge on a Civic with different bumpers, and that's just one example of how little they care, let's not even talk about Honda USA because all they know is building bloated, oversized things or a supercar that hardly anybody wants.

IMO the biggest waste of potential is the S660, they spent the time, money and effort to develop a new mid-engine sports car platform, but they gave it the size and the powertrain performance of a Kei car, greatly limiting its market and sales potential, thus limiting the profitability of this whole project, and in Japan the 1.5L version of the Mazda MX-5 is only slightly more expensive than the S660 yet it's way better than the S660 in almost every single way, which pretty much means this S660 project is most likely something that has no future, a one time deal, which it turns out to be the case. Their short-sightedness really boggles my mind. Did they forget about what happened to their Honda Beat?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Until recently Honda has had very poor profitability mostly because they want to build superior products to Toyota at the same price but doesn't have the efficiency of TPS. Their situation got better thanks to good crossover sales in USA and rising market share of Japanese brands in China. But years of poor financial performance meant they couldn't dedicate a lot into R&D.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Until recently Honda has had very poor profitability mostly because they want to build superior products to Toyota at the same price but doesn't have the efficiency of TPS. Their situation got better thanks to good crossover sales in USA and rising market share of Japanese brands in China. But years of poor financial performance meant they couldn't dedicate a lot into R&D.
And how well has their plan worked out exactly? Seeing their reliability and build quality had went down the toilet.

mikeavelli

Reactions
If you go to the ACuRa instagram page every post is met with dozens of “fix the integra” comments.. hilarious!

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
If you go to the ACuRa instagram page every post is met with dozens of “fix the integra” comments.. hilarious!
Even Jason Cammisa was roasting the new Integra on Instagram, that's what they get for wasting their money in the wrong place, since the Civic coupe is no more, an Integra in the liftback coupe body style would be perfect for filling in that gap, I don't know why Honda seems to struggle so much with their enthusiasts cars when most of them have always been based on their normal, mass produced FWD cars.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Of course I remember, and I still like it as it is. How perfect it would be if it was as supposed to come, with RWD based AWD NA V8, based on the new RWD Legend platform. Then all was cancelled, including the NA V10 AWD HSV/NSX. It was to be the first trail rated road performance car, predecessor to the Lambo Urus. Lambo on the other hand should have sticked with the Estoque, that would have wiped away Panamera, RS6, M5 and E/CLS AMG sales.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The ZDX was a head of its time but two things really ruined its success:
1) Improper marketing
BMW launched the X6 around the same time and went on a blitz. The center of gravity test was insane and it really created a sense of need or want. ZDX crickets.

2)Dealerships were terrible at explaining why you should pick a ZDX over an MDX.
Ancedotal of course but Acura dealerships really are good at sales but some of the experiences I have had with them have been a mixed bag in terms of explaining their product. Test drives are a whole another ball game (missing door pieces etc).

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Looks more bloated with smaller wheels. They did not do a good job adapting stylish TLX design to the smaller Civic body.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The ZDX was a head of its time but two things really ruined its success:
1) Improper marketing
BMW launched the X6 around the same time and went on a blitz. The center of gravity test was insane and it really created a sense of need or want. ZDX crickets.

2)Dealerships were terrible at explaining why you should pick a ZDX over an MDX.
Ancedotal of course but Acura dealerships really are good at sales but some of the experiences I have had with them have been a mixed bag in terms of explaining their product. Test drives are a whole another ball game (missing door pieces etc).
The zdx was a massive failure. Beyond ugly, no space and aCuRa couldn’t command the pricing. Human beings couldn’t get into the backseat.

The X6 debuted first, had the bmw badge, offered more engine choices, had more room and became the hip new vehicle to have even if tons of people hated it. Crazy to think it’s on its third generation with a full M model.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looks more bloated with smaller wheels. They did not do a good job adapting stylish TLX design to the smaller Civic body.

I don’t think we have seen such a big disappointment like this. Two weeks later people still slam aCuRa social media with #fixtheintegra. It’s been the butt of every joke imaginable. Only a handful of blind die bards are supporting it. Yes they will sell some but those people will be the butt of jokes. They should just can it and start over.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Some people seem to be have an easier time to accept the new WRX's design than the new Integra's design 😂, if Acura just kept using the ILX name almost no one would even bat an eyelid, let's be real the 'I' in ILX probably stands for Integra lol, so the Integra never really left this world, it just morphed into something so mediocre that they need to cover it up with a different name🤣.