2022 Acura Integra

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
That interior is something other. I'd take the current honda civic its based off for the better interior, even take the the honda e interior. This is gonna be a loss leader if imho I guess?
I don't think so. This new Integra seems to be the antithesis of a loss leader.

A loss leader vehicle is a high-cost item that is sold at or below cost (for a loss). The purpose is to use the innovative features in that vehicle to attract new buyers to the brand -- especially conquest (new to the brand) buyers. Examples of loss leaders are the Gen2 Acura NSX and the Lexus LFA.

This new Integra seems to be a vehicle that is being built for minimal incremental cost above the new Civic -- looking like a Civic Hatchback inside and out. It looks to me to be a badge-engineered Gen11 Civic using the "Integra" name hoping to attract old Acura buyers who miss the good old days. Badge-engineered vehicles are not loss leaders; they are place-fillers and meant to generate profit.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I don't think so. This new Integra seems to be the antithesis of a loss leader.

A loss leader vehicle is a high-cost item that is sold at or below cost (for a loss). The purpose is to use the innovative features in that vehicle to attract new buyers to the brand -- especially conquest (new to the brand) buyers. Examples of loss leaders are the Gen2 Acura NSX and the Lexus LFA.

This new Integra seems to be a vehicle that is being built for minimal incremental cost above the new Civic -- looking like a Civic Hatchback inside and out. It looks to me to be a badge-engineered Gen11 Civic using the "Integra" name hoping to attract old Acura buyers who miss the good old days. Badge-engineered vehicles are not loss leaders; they are place-fillers and meant to generate profit.
So your saying Acura wont spend any money fixing the PR disaster that was the integra reveal and future launch and need to subsidize the majority of integras they sell once the small subset of "good ole day" buyers are gone?

My prediction is this integra will need a huge amount of trunk money to achieve their targets just like the ILX it replaces.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The new 'Integra' is a low effort product, plain and simple, you could also see it as a way for Honda USA to upcharge people who want the 11th gen Civic Si but in the form of a hatchback instead of a sedan.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
So your saying Acura wont spend any money fixing the PR disaster that was the integra reveal and future launch and need to subsidize the majority of integras they sell once the small subset of "good ole day" buyers are gone?

My prediction is this integra will need a huge amount of trunk money to achieve their targets just like the ILX it replaces.
The new 'Integra' is a low effort product, plain and simple, you could also see it as a way for Honda USA to upcharge people who want the 11th gen Civic Si but in the form of a hatchback instead of a sedan.
Loss leader vehicles -- essentially flagship vehicles -- do not receive incentives; they are purposely sold at a loss.

Vehicles sold with trunk money / money on the hood receive the incentives to move inventory. If cars require regular and ongoing incentives in order to sell, they are either overpriced or are not vehicles that the buyers are looking for; that is a sign of poor planning on the part of the automaker. That is what was happening at the Old GM, when they could not even sell their smallest and cheapest cars without incentives; it is, in part, what led to the downfall of Old GM. If an automaker cannot even sell their most simple and lowest cost vehicles at a profit, something is drastically wrong.

I do not want to wish Acura bad luck but if Acura cannot even sell a badge-engineered Civic (Acura Canada has a long and successful history of selling barely-disguised Civics) as the Integra (time will tell) without regular and ongoing incentives, it is a sign that it is the wrong product for the market.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I saw it at the ACuRa stand at the race. It’s awful. Looks just as bad in person. I didn’t take pics because it’s just ugly. Awful proportions.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Superstreet is maybe the biggest Honda fan for a media outlet. They posted it again and the comments continue to destroy the car. They should really just call it an ILX to save face. Quick fix.

Even now, things are also still the same at Acura's Instagram page, almost all comments are "#fixtheintegra" . I really can't figure out who the "Integra" is supposed to appeal to, the normies that like those coupe crossover/CUV abominations? But then again those kind of people are usually already married to European car brands.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Right before Christmas Acura US hired YouTube detailer Larry Kosilla to clean up the Integra prototype and the Fast & Furious movie car Integra to show side-by-side at Radwood in SoCal. An Acura marketing drone interrupted the video at one point to say that normies will buy all of these that Acura can make. So I'm really confused what their marketing thinks they're doing. Normies aren't watching Larry's channel, they aren't F&F superfans, and they aren't going to Radwood.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I like how Acura announces they are opening up reservations for the "Integra", as if this car is some sort of out of this world unicorn that would blow you head off with its performance, driving experience and looks 🤣. They really are living in their own little fantasy world, aren't they? Or is this just a psychological trick to get people to actually want to buy their "latest and greatest" masterpiece(of 💩)?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Hey if they can pull this off, just another example of a the powerful job marketing does for a brand. Heck give them a raise and a NSX.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions

As if the Integra doesn't have enough backlash from the community.. apparently it will be getting a CVT to replace the DCT from the ILX. Can't wait to see how this will enrage the angry fans more lmao. Apparently China's CDX has an 8 Speed DCT + 1.5T they could've used.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
PR meeting: What can we do to save face?
Crisis Manager: Why not cover up the design by doing a dark colorwave and blurred lights for the illusion of mach-speed
PR meeting: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Accountants: Rebate/incentive printer go BRRRRRR!

mikeavelli

Reactions
PR meeting: What can we do to save face?
Crisis Manager: Why not cover up the design by doing a dark colorwave and blurred lights for the illusion of mach-speed
PR meeting: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Accountants: Rebate/incentive printer go BRRRRRR!

it is getting destroyed. If they named it ilx no one would care.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Even the Crosstour was a better Subaru competitor.

But I wonder why Ford didn't get the same out cry regarding the "Mustang Mach e-" and "Puma". Waiting for Opel Manta outcry.

Reactions
comments say it all. They should have listened to the feedback and call it an ILX.
Interesting it has digital dash and touchscreen the tlx doesn’t.

200hp and 192lbs of torque. Is this 1998?
Basically, the Integra A-Spec 6 speed is the Canadian Civic Si that we've wanted, since lot of Civic guys here wondered why Si didn't get a lot of extra goodies while costing more

Looks like Sofyan the hater was among the 'lucky' media to get first access to it

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
You have to feel sorry for Pierre Gasly having to make promo videos for lame cars like XR-V or Civic Si, not involved with development of these cars at all (he does own a NSX though).

Fernando got to drive the GR Yaris, GR Hilux and GR Hypersport during his stay at the WEC team, and he actually helped develop them.