16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Will1991

Reactions
DC charging at 50kW on a TMC PHEV 😳

Didn’t found anything on batter capacity, but 90km of EV range… Really nice this one!

Will1991

Reactions
Most probably it’s the same powertrain as the RAV4 Prime, which means that if it happens a 5th gen 2.5L PHEV system should only comes to the next RAV4.

Making the correlation, we shouldn’t see any major change for the facelift 450h+ powertrain for Lexus.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Everyone seems to love the fcev no one complained about lack of power in fact everybody loved its power delivery as for the hybrid it was the same although but the cvt sound is still there

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/767231

BestCar expects a higher tune of the T24 to be used on the GR Crown crossover. From 272PS to 300PS and total system power from 349PS to 380PS. Keep in mind the Crown hybrid max has a smaller battery and derated rear motor than the Lexus version. If the RX500h gets the same upgrade it will be around 400hp. And a potential Tacoma TRD Performance package could get up to 348hp.

The T24 is tuned quite conservatively and prioritize low rpm response so there's definitely growth potential for more performance oriented tunes.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Kinda surprised they would pursue a higher performance Crown Crossover for a GR trim. The sportier Crown Sport isn't getting the T24 at all. I haven't been in Japan for over a year, but the Crown Crossover was just starting to hit the market. Maybe it is selling better in Japan than I expected. I don't see this becoming a US market car.

On Tundra, a similar package is 32hp and a whopping $3400. To be fair, it does include intake and exhaust rather than just an engine tune. But still, that's some $$$$.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
That one render of the white GR Crown Crossover looks pretty good. The backend has always seemed ugly to me, but that integrated spoiler on that render looks really good. It totally transforms the appearance of the car, imo.

If the GR Crown doesn’t come to the U.S., there might be a good chance to see that drivetrain in a GR Camry.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the T24 gets an increase in power across all applications at some point in its production life. 300+ doesn’t seem unreasonable at all.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Kinda surprised they would pursue a higher performance Crown Crossover for a GR trim. The sportier Crown Sport isn't getting the T24 at all. I haven't been in Japan for over a year, but the Crown Crossover was just starting to hit the market. Maybe it is selling better in Japan than I expected. I don't see this becoming a US market car.

On Tundra, a similar package is 32hp and a whopping $3400. To be fair, it does include intake and exhaust rather than just an engine tune. But still, that's some $$$$.
Stage 1 tunes plus sport intake/exhaust could easily cost over $2k as well with no guaranteed outcomes. You are paying for factory warranty, consistent power gain, re-optimized torque curve, emissions compliance etc. So that kind of money is quite reasonable.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Stage 1 tunes plus sport intake/exhaust could easily cost over $2k as well with no guaranteed outcomes. You are paying for factory warranty, consistent power gain, re-optimized torque curve, emissions compliance etc. So that kind of money is quite reasonable.
My comment was more in that I don't see many takers for it. Truck buyers don't care one bit about emissions compliance; that's Toyota's cross to bear, not their's. Warranty and consistent power gain are all accurate, but I expect that most people will either decide that they don't need that 32hp bump skipping out on upgrading the engine all together or they will take the risk and go aftermarket where the dollar goes further. It just seems like a very small market for that package.