16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
No hybrid max

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The 15th gen had the following engine choices
2.0l turbo (8nr-fts)
2.5l hybrid (a25a-fxs)
3.5l hybrid v6 (8gr-fxs)
Guess which one was the best seller

Reactions
All that sexy exterior with that buzzy A25A. That long as body needs a V6 minimum. Whats wrong with Toyota these days 🥲
It's things like this that pisses me off to no end.

Toyota killed off all the V6s and most of them were replaced by the sh*tty sounding A25A-FXS, not even the T24A-FTS.

Toyota/Lexus are messing up big time by not developing a new mainstream six-cylinder engine.

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
A25A is a very good bread and butter engine for cars like camrys, RAV4s etc etc. But it should never have make its way to the likes of RX and above. Many people say they don't notice the 4 popper at all in the RX, it is very smooth etc. Not for me, that thing is buzzy and unrefined as hell. Don't know maybe it is just my mind playing up.

Anyway back to crown, I know that they used A25A in 15th gen but what I was hoping that they do differently this time around (since they are pitching this crown sedan as 'chauffeur' and all that fancy names) I was ''dreaming'' of having a proper powertrain. Not this stupid s 4 popper. 😭

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Well it's not only this the new e class and 5 series also have replaced the six cylinder options with turbo 4 2.0l engines with 240-250 bhp

Reactions
Well it's not only this the new e class and 5 series also have replaced the six cylinder options with turbo 4 2.0l engines with 240-250 bhp
They still have powerful and efficient six-cylinder options......

I thought the 2GR-FXS was confirmed for the Crown sedan. Is it not?

2.5L I4 in this thing is a crime.
Nope, it wasn't. What pisses me off is goofs like Kirk Kreifels actively push for this sh*t too on YouTube.

Some people don't deserve to have opinions.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Those 4 cylinder engines are way smoother than the A25 and T24. The dynamic force 4 cylinders are downgrades compared to their predecessors in NVH. The old 8AR-FTS in longitudinal form was very smooth.

And now they have no incentive to improve those engines because Lexus is going full electric.
Nope, it wasn't. What pisses me off is goofs like Kirk Kreifels actively push for this sh*t too on YouTube.

Some people don't deserve to have opinions.
I've said for a very long time we should have minimal expectations for the Crown sedan. Don't know why it's been hyped up so much.