16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

Acceleration tests for the Crown Crossover Hybrid Max. The performance is quite impressive but the sound of that engine is terrible. Also at full power the battery drains about 40% charge in 20 seconds, possibly even quicker on the RX/TX500h.

Reactions

Acceleration tests for the Crown Crossover Hybrid Max. The performance is quite impressive but the sound of that engine is terrible. Also at full power the battery drains about 40% charge in 20 seconds, possibly even quicker on the RX/TX500h.
0-100 in 5.1 seconds is pretty good. Now watch the times tumble by a tenth or two once Toyota brings launch control to this car.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
So the Crown line will sit between Lexus and Toyota vehicles in terms of refinement, luxury, NVH and pricing?

The Crown Sedan looks a lot better without the contrasting red and black paint. The Signia looks good. Overall, the interior dashboard layout is beautiful/ elegant. Too bad they're still all FWD-driven AWD systems.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Take this with truck load of salt, but a toyota dealer principal said, the crown is already on the chopping block in the states.
If this is true, I would think that it is the Crown Crossover/Sedan that may be on the way out; the Crown Signia is not even on sale yet and would have to be on sale for at least a year or more before a cancellation is made.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
If this is true, I would think that it is the Crown Crossover/Sedan that may be on the way out; the Crown Signia is not even on sale yet and would have to be on sale for at least a year or more before a cancellation is made.
correct the upcoming cuv was not the model in question.

From my understanding,
the crown cuv, lc250 are currently getting press reviews, while the 4runner reveal and one on ones videos are being filmed this weekend.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I wouldn’t be surprised if Toyota canned the Crossover or Sedan or whatever you want to call it. Tall sedans/SUV coupes have never really sold that well. The Accord Crosstour and Acura ZDX should’ve been a clue to Toyota. Not having a proper name didn’t help either.

I think the Signia will sell better, and if Toyota markets it right, they could attract a lot of Subaru Outback buyers. I’m still hoping the Crown Sport makes it to the U.S. as well.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
I wouldn’t be surprised if Toyota canned the Crossover or Sedan or whatever you want to call it. Tall sedans/SUV coupes have never really sold that well. The Accord Crosstour and Acura ZDX should’ve been a clue to Toyota. Not having a proper name didn’t help either.

I think the Signia will sell better, and if Toyota markets it right, they could attract a lot of Subaru Outback buyers. I’m still hoping the Crown Sport makes it to the U.S. as well.
yet to see on the crossover theory. I had a similar outlook on the venza, and well that went bye.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
yet to see on the crossover theory. I had a similar outlook on the venza, and well that went bye.
The first-gen Venza (the larger one) sold very well in Canada but the second-gen, smaller one, has not. It may have been that it was too expensive for its (smaller) size, and its size too close to the less-expensive RAV4. Perhaps the second-gen Venza should have been offered as a Prime (PHEV) version only, taking the place of the RAV4 Prime.

I am waiting to see if the Crown Signia will be offered as a PHEV here in Canada.