16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Crown sedan leaves so much excitement that can lead to so much disappointment. V6 hybrid isn't moving forward obviously. Idk about T24 hybrid cuz turbo 4 in that Crown sedan might not cut it.
The most crazy thing would be Crown sedan getting TTV6 hybrid when the LS doesn’t. Best thing would be 2UR hybrid, but that is just dreaming….

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Wonder why Lexus discontinued that amazing 600h powertrain. 440hp 15 years ago, imagine if they updated that whole setup for the 5th gen, we can see around 480hp but can't imagine why it's a good combination. A new LS500h with 90hp less is still faster lol.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Wonder why Lexus discontinued that amazing 600h powertrain. 440hp 15 years ago, imagine if they updated that whole setup for the 5th gen, we can see around 480hp but can't imagine why it's a good combination. A new LS500h with 90hp less is still faster lol.
8GR-FXS is way more advanced than the old 2GR-FXE, including the transmission. If the same modification were made to the 2UR-FSE (I wonder why it was not called 2UR-FXE), performance could rival base TTV8 engines.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yup. LS500h an do 60 in around 5.2, if they updated the engine, better electric motors and used that new cvt/auto transmission we pushing 500hp. And that thing would be so smooth lol. It's not called 2UR-FXE because it's not detuned and still has D4S. Regular version of the 5L V8

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Yup. LS500h an do 60 in around 5.2, if they updated the engine, better electric motors and used that new cvt/auto transmission we pushing 500hp. And that thing would be so smooth lol. It's not called 2UR-FXE because it's not detuned and still has D4S. Regular version of the 5L V8

Is 5.2 what Lexus quotes or auto media can validate?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

What's 600h, GS450h? It had 343hp or something like that.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The most crazy thing would be Crown sedan getting TTV6 hybrid when the LS doesn’t. Best thing would be 2UR hybrid, but that is just dreaming….

Well, you mean Crown Sedan could get bigger engine in 2024 than LS in 2018?

I don't see why not.

Problem with that thinking is that this car is for JDM, and for them i am not sure anyone cares about v6tt hybrids there.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Problem with that thinking is that this car is for JDM, and for them i am not sure anyone cares about v6tt hybrids there.
That probably shows Crown sedan is not for JDM market only. A Crown badged rebodied ES would do it.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
That probably shows Crown sedan is not for JDM market only. A Crown badged rebodied ES would do it.

so Crown Sedan will actually have 700h powertrain or whatever they call it, with v6tt+hybrid max? Or are you just wishing it?

Crown Sedan can not be rebadged into ES, it is more expensive vehicle.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
The 15th gen crown v6 hybrid is indeed faster than hybrid max and is also about 20kg lighter even though it's based on the L platform which media bitched about being too heavy
I question how the v6 hybrid is much faster than the hybrid max, v6 hybrid can hit 60 about 8 tenths faster, only has slightly more power, auto/cvt vs real 6 trans in hybrid max, and possibly less torque from the NA engine.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
I question how the v6 hybrid is much faster than the hybrid max, v6 hybrid can hit 60 about 8 tenths faster, only has slightly more power, auto/cvt vs real 6 trans in hybrid max, and possibly less torque from the NA engine.
At the end of day that powertrain is lighter than hybrid max and safe to say more reliable