Tesla Cybertruck

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
OK just for the record I owned a 2015 and 2018 Model S but have moved on from the company for various reasons...

The single best thing that Tesla can do to actually succeed in a meangful way is to fire Elon. He really is a liability to the company (and his other companies). Quality is sh1t. Support is garbage. Their biggest product is hype and of course the stock bubble.

The Cybertruck is merely a distraction and an unrealistic truck for people that need a real truck. Only crypto tech bros are going to buy it to show off, anyone that needs a real truck for real truck things will buy a real truck. FSD has been proven to be a gigantic lie (I paid for FSD back in early 2018 and realized it was never coming and I was stupid). When they removed radar I knew they were full of BS. When they invented the Dojo AI part of it, I knew they were full of BS. When they started having driver rating scores to get into the FSD beta program I knew they were full of BS.

Elon isn't what most people think he is and some people are starting to wake up to that reality this year. I saw that back in about 2019-ish. I will not buy another Tesla until he's gone at a minimum, and it has nothing to do with politics.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
OK just for the record I owned a 2015 and 2018 Model S but have moved on from the company for various reasons...

The single best thing that Tesla can do to actually succeed in a meangful way is to fire Elon. He really is a liability to the company (and his other companies). Quality is sh1t. Support is garbage. Their biggest product is hype and of course the stock bubble.

The Cybertruck is merely a distraction and an unrealistic truck for people that need a real truck. Only crypto tech bros are going to buy it to show off, anyone that needs a real truck for real truck things will buy a real truck. FSD has been proven to be a gigantic lie (I paid for FSD back in early 2018 and realized it was never coming and I was stupid). When they removed radar I knew they were full of BS. When they invented the Dojo AI part of it, I knew they were full of BS. When they started having driver rating scores to get into the FSD beta program I knew they were full of BS.

Elon isn't what most people think he is and some people are starting to wake up to that reality this year. I saw that back in about 2019-ish. I will not buy another Tesla until he's gone at a minimum, and it has nothing to do with politics.
"Telsa-haters" would prefer him to stay, so the company disappears as fast as it came.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
"Telsa-haters" would prefer him to stay, so the company disappears as fast as it came.
I'm not even a Tesla hater LOL I like the cars but the company is the sh1tty part... you don't realize what a roll of the dice it is until you've already purchased.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
It was not meant at you, rather at me. The cult of this brand disgusts me, as did Apple some years ago.
Say no to soulless Tesla EV's. I also agree with you regarding Apple...

Last edited:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow, some Cybertruck content. I view all pickup trucks as ugly, so this isn't any prettier, just different. It will sell well but not like the F150 I am guessing.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
I'll play the contrarian here.

In my opinion, this truck is pretty sweet looking. Far far better than the current Chevy & GMC trucks.

A lot on this forum complain about the lack of soul, etc. in EVs but at least this is a truck that doesn't conform to the MASSIVE block chrome grill dominating the entire front end like a chrome sperm whale.

Is this truck as practical as an F150, probably not. But spare me the quality complaints with Tesla when the same can be said for any Ford (RAM, GMC, etc.) product yet people buy F150s by the handful.

It's different. It's not for everyone. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe it will push other truck makers to break the mold a bit and add interesting design and functional features that will benefit all truck buyers (I am one).

I get this is a Lexus/Toyota forum, but the anti-tesla hate here is just as strong as the pro-tesla cult. Like two extremes in American politics, the optimal path is probably closer to the middle.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I guess I'm one of the few "middle" people who like their products but won't buy one, believe in their future but won't invest heavily into them, think their business model is sound but don't believe they will be as big as TMC.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I'll play the contrarian here.

In my opinion, this truck is pretty sweet looking. Far far better than the current Chevy & GMC trucks.

A lot on this forum complain about the lack of soul, etc. in EVs but at least this is a truck that doesn't conform to the MASSIVE block chrome grill dominating the entire front end like a chrome sperm whale.

Is this truck as practical as an F150, probably not. But spare me the quality complaints with Tesla when the same can be said for any Ford (RAM, GMC, etc.) product yet people buy F150s by the handful.

It's different. It's not for everyone. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe it will push other truck makers to break the mold a bit and add interesting design and functional features that will benefit all truck buyers (I am one).

I get this is a Lexus/Toyota forum, but the anti-tesla hate here is just as strong as the pro-tesla cult. Like two extremes in American politics, the optimal path is probably closer to the middle.

Honestly sir, I am not hating Tesla, I hate any BEV and can't see any business case for the BEV on long run, for me the BEV push from the governments makes me sometime wonders if the conspiracy theory about the shadow government is true

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Two of my HEVs which are used primarily as commuter vehicles has and continues to serve me and my family very well. They were purchased without any government mandates or incentives. I feel that I have gotten my money's worth out of my HEVs which do have a soul (2ZR-FXE & 2AZ-FXE).

Telsa and other BEV manufacturers are incentivized (tax rebates) and our government will ban ICE/diesel motors by 2030/2035. Let the market be free and let the people choose what works for them instead of steering us on a particular route...

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Two of my HEVs which are used primarily as commuter vehicles has and continues to serve me and my family very well. They were purchased without any government mandates or incentives. I feel that I have gotten my money's worth out of my HEVs which do have a soul (2ZR-FXE & 2AZ-FXE).

Telsa and other BEV manufacturers are incentivized (tax rebates) and our government will ban ICE/diesel motors by 2030/2035. Let the market be free and let the people choose what works for them instead of steering us on a particular route...

Agreed. I mean Lexus and Toyota develop their new EV and because it’s made in Japan it won’t get any additonal rebates. Acura rebadges a GM EV and likely wull
qualify for the same credit (depends on final price but I can’t see them pricing it more than anything to not get the credit).

If the car is so good, why do you need credits to sell it?!?!

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Hybrids also needed incentives to get where they are today.
Very true however new and used BEV's are incentivized with tax credits used hybrids were never incentivized. We've also never seen where the government will ban ICE/diesel motors by 2030/2035 and mandating/forcing auto manufacturers to only produce BEV's. It's definitely an advantage to Tesla, Lucid, Rivian, etc...

Reactions
I guess I'm one of the few "middle" people who like their products but won't buy one, believe in their future but won't invest heavily into them, think their business model is sound but don't believe they will be as big as TMC.

Same. I like their products because they're different and have great battery technology, but despise how low-quality they are.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Honestly sir, I am not hating Tesla, I hate any BEV and can't see any business case for the BEV on long run, for me the BEV push from the governments makes me sometime wonders if the conspiracy theory about the shadow government is true

Great. I'm not fully BEV either. Can't argue Tesla has pushed envelope, whether or not you buy their products, ALL manufacturers have been forced to react and improve. This is good for all consumers.

All governments are shadowy my friend. If you believe otherwise......