MKV Toyota Supra Master Thread

Levi

Expert
Reactions
If the GR Yaris had it, then the GR Corolla will have it as well.

The reason being that the GR Corolla will be using the GR Yaris' GR-Four system. One very cool thing that the GR Yaris can do is that when you pull the handbrake, it disconnects the transfer case for the AWD system and one can do hellacious turns and drifts, rally style.

Having an electronic handbrake would deny users of that feature in the car.
All Yaris versions have handbrake, so of course the GR Yaris has it. Corolla and Yaris Cross on the other hand have e-brake. So it is not a definite thing yet. Anyway, it is ok if they bring a manual Supra, but it would not be my choice, and of many other people either. The Supra does not have the success it deserves, but it is not surprising, there is more to cars than just engineering, there are also very many irrational reasons.

Reactions
All Yaris versions have handbrake, so of course the GR Yaris has it. Corolla and Yaris Cross on the other hand have e-brake. So it is not a definite thing yet. Anyway, it is ok if they bring a manual Supra, but it would not be my choice, and of many other people either. The Supra does not have the success it deserves, but it is not surprising, there is more to cars than just engineering, there are also very many irrational reasons.

The GR Supra is selling more than fine. I don't get what y'all are expecting it to sell like.

This thing is not meant to be Mustang/Corvette/911 level common. It blows away the sales of the 718, Z4, and Z. Heck, it even sells more than the 86 (now GR86).

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

The 335 hp version of the B58 is going to have around 370 hp, while the 382 hp B58 is going to have around 400 hp with all the updates that BMW is going to give to the B58. BMW really poured their heart and soul into the B58, IMO at least in the GR Supra it even sounds better than the S58 in the M-cars.

Reactions

The 335 hp version of the B58 is going to have around 370 hp, while the 382 hp B58 is going to have around 400 hp with all the updates that BMW is going to give to the B58. BMW really poured their heart and soul into the B58, IMO at least in the GR Supra it even sounds better than the S58 in the M-cars.

I've heard that the 2023 GR Supra will make 430 horsepower (same power as the GT4) and that's with the 6-speed manual.

The GR Supra was already going to spank the Z in the 2020 tune, let alone the 2021 tune. But the 2023 tune is just overkill. 😂😂

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I've heard that the 2023 GR Supra will make 430 horsepower (same power as the GT4) and that's with the 6-speed manual.

The GR Supra was already going to spank the Z in the 2020 tune, let alone the 2021 tune. But the 2023 tune is just overkill. 😂😂
Something tells me that the Z isn't going to be killing any 3.0 GR Supras anytime soon😂.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

1646511683288-png-png.62154

1646512188612-png-png.62156

1646512242532-png-png.62157

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Wow, so only the 3.0 is getting the manual transmission, Toyota seems to really want a certain group of people on the internet to shut up.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

I’ll need to watch again in detail to see what’s said about the LC 500, but based on what I know this is a contrived backstory.

Saying this man “brought the LC to life” is a disgusting slap in the face of the real people behind it.

Absolutely shameless, I am furious.

Edit: this man is an unabashed liar. I am stating that as a fact. This man didn’t come up with anything, he didn’t come up with the concept, or grind out work on it Koji and others, and he certainly didn’t spend late evenings with the engineers to make sure the concept styling wasn’t lost.

what an absolute piece of human garbage.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I’ll need to watch again in detail to see what’s said about the LC 500, but based on what I know this is a contrived backstory.

Saying this man “brought the LC to life” is a disgusting slap in the face of the real people behind it.

Absolutely shameless, I am furious.

Edit: this man is an unabashed liar. I am stating that as a fact. This man didn’t come up with anything, he didn’t come up with the concept, or grind out work on it Koji and others, and he certainly didn’t spend late evenings with the engineers to make sure the concept styling wasn’t lost.

what an absolute piece of human garbage.
CALTY stirring up the pot I see. This is about to get really spicy.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
CALTY stirring up the pot I see. This is about to get really spicy.
Calty is involved. Still, This representation is contrived as I said

watching it again - absolutely shameless. I feel sick.

the people who deserve praise and credit are, as usual, the passionate brilliant quiet ones whose work gets hijacked by a particular type of individual.

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Everyone knows that in a Japanese company, the real people running the show aren't the ones you see in public.

This isn’t that, it’s more shameless, the real talent has even been shown publicly before... I know what you mean though.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I know who envisioned, designed and modelled every exterior surface of that car and it isn’t the people above.

Tadao has downplayed in interviews the work and lengths they went around the LFLC to to keep the dimensions including some critical factors.

I also know for a fact the person who really deserves the credit was not given some crazy amount of resources. A large part of it was a 1, maybe 2 person effort once the interior designer got involved.