LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Unfortunately, from what I've heard, I think NX 450h+ supply will be very low for at least a year, so it won't surprise me to see dealers charging crazy markup.

These batteries are capacity constrained across the board and only have more upcoming uses/models.
You would be surprised at how many dealers are trying to mark up the RAV4 Prime. I'm on a RAV forum and some FB groups and most people don't put up with that, they just buy from out of state or elsewhere. Some people do pay some markup because they are willing to, but they seem to be in the minority.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’ve been at the NX press event at Phoenix the last two days. Been so slammed been hard to post here, mostly on my social for now.

Another nugget is the 450h+ will most he available in CA, New England and I forgot the other state. So otherwise it will be special order it sounds like.

This car is a huge huge leap over the current model in every way. It’s really impressive for a cuv.
C9D84EB2-834D-48B0-9FBF-90EDB0ABFBF3.jpeg2AC9F08F-78E3-498E-AC1F-68C197F41A2E.jpeg12431F51-7C91-4C96-990F-12678C83610A.jpeg

Will1991

Reactions
2022 Lexus NX Dynamic Press Launch:

PressKit English - Lexus NX 450h+ and 350h

Source:

mikeavelli

Reactions
After spending more time with it, I just think it’s a near perfect CUV and will appeal to most in this class. The only glaring omission is a F Performance model to battle the SQ5/AMG 43 and even the turbo 6 GV70. The 450h+ won’t be pitched as a performance vehicle.

I am far from a CUV guy but they completely nailed the NX. I really can’t think of anything to change or improve upon. It’s larger while still feeling compact. The interior is first rate. The materials are fantastic. It looks good, it drives better. It has more options and tech, Lexus Interface is a huge leap.

Well done Lexus.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
After spending more time with it, I just think it’s a near perfect CUV and will appeal to most in this class. The only glaring omission is a F Performance model to battle the SQ5/AMG 43 and even the turbo 6 GV70. The 450h+ won’t be pitched as a performance vehicle.

I am far from a CUV guy but they completely nailed the NX. I really can’t think of anything to change or improve upon. It’s larger while still feeling compact. The interior is first rate. The materials are fantastic. It looks good, it drives better. It has more options and tech, Lexus Interface is a huge leap.

Well done Lexus.
Apologies if you're not allowed to comment on this yet, but what powertrain surprised you the most? And how do you feel about the 350 only getting 22 mpg combined? I was hoping for a little better mpg, not that it would deter me from looking at one.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Allocations were a while ago I think, I’m expecting a test drive call at some point here and will share views.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Apologies if you're not allowed to comment on this yet, but what powertrain surprised you the most? And how do you feel about the 350 only getting 22 mpg combined? I was hoping for a little better mpg, not that it would deter me from looking at one.

For me it’s 450h+ all the way. There would be many days I don’t use any gas. Full embargo lifts early next month.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Where do you see 22mpg combined? The current 2.0T is rated at 22 city, 28 highway, 24 combined. The trend has been a significant bump in fuel economy when moving to TNGA platforms.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Damn I thought the NX 350 was going to be faster than 6.8...I think that is still a Lexus weak spot. We don't need the fastest but always feel like we are the one of the slowest in the category.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Fuel economy figures are ~10% worse than RAV4. I feel new NX must be really heavy.
Also the lack of efficient mechanical AWD system is still bad. Their AWD tend to take a bigger hit to fuel economy than competition. And they are the only brand whose AWD models are slower than 2WD models.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Damn I thought the NX 350 was going to be faster than 6.8...I think that is still a Lexus weak spot. We don't need the fastest but always feel like we are the one of the slowest in the category.

Much like the V35A-FTS, I have a feeling it is because they tune the powertrain for long term reliability, which means weak launches and slower gear shifts. Once you're moving, there has to be a good bit of juice in that motor... nearly 320lb-ft of torque!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Fuel economy figures are ~10% worse than RAV4. I feel new NX must be really heavy.
Also the lack of efficient mechanical AWD system is still bad. Their AWD tend to take a bigger hit to fuel economy than competition. And they are the only brand whose AWD models are slower than 2WD models.

All yes. The details on the new AWD system seem sparse too... but Lexus' current full time AWD is very old tech now, at least if they do 50/50% or 70/30%. It is time for something like SH-AWD that does 10% front/90% rear to save gas, but can quickly apply more power where needed based on mode and throttle input. The new AWD system is one of the things I'm most interested in.

Reactions: RAL

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Where do you see 22mpg combined? The current 2.0T is rated at 22 city, 28 highway, 24 combined. The trend has been a significant bump in fuel economy when moving to TNGA platforms.
There is also a trend to intentionally make their ICE models undesirable to push customers to hybrid model. Best example is UX, zero reason to buy UX200 over 250h. Similarly unless the customer really wants a pure ICE NX it's almost no-brainer to go for 350h.