internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I’m far from a fan of Kia, but they’ve just revealed the new Sportage and the interior is just stunning for a car in its price range.

I’m really hoping the leaked NX interior is not the final one as it would be entirely embarrassing if the next generation of Lexus interiors in their “most advanced SUV” looks quite bland and honestly already outdated in its design/surfacing/materials compared to an actual economy car. 🙈

View attachment 4837
View attachment 4838
Yes, that's what I thought too. The one on Kia is even better than Mercedes new dashboard implementation (not the two display configuration that is appalling.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Yes, that's what I thought too. The one on Kia is even better than Mercedes new dashboard implementation (not the two display configuration that is appalling.

Why not open a thread about Kia and discuss it there. I am sure it is bigger competition to RAV4, and every time they release something it is same story then 2 years later nobody wants it anymore, somehow.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The styling language differs between new Kias and new Mercedes-Benz models. Kia is going toward a more integrated styling whereas Mercedes-Benz is going toward digital display screen-centred approach.

It is merely a styling approach. Some may prefer the technology-oriented approach (and no doubt higher tactile quality) of Mercedes-Benz while others may prefer the more traditional approach of Kia.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Why not open a thread about Kia and discuss it there. I am sure it is bigger competition to RAV4, and every time they release something it is same story then 2 years later nobody wants it anymore, somehow.
I just responded to someone who cared to share his/her comment and photos.

It's true. That set up on the Kia looks better. I'm not poo-pooing on the Camry-like dash arrangement but the asymmetry is not something I fancy.

Why would I bother to open a thread about the Kia when all I'm concurring is that the layout appears better than the one on this new NX?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I just responded to someone who cared to share his/her comment and photos.

It's true. That set up on the Kia looks better. I'm not poo-pooing on the Camry-like dash arrangement but the asymmetry is not something I fancy.

Why would I bother to open a thread about the Kia when all I'm concurring is that the layout appears better than the one on this new NX?

because we can now discuss Kia in NX thread for next 30 posts and go off topic.

Just like with every other KIA and Hyundai, you will be able to change your opinion once you sit in the vehicle. KIA and Hyundai are not new brands, we have these discussions every single time they release new model and no, they are not really Lexus or BMW or MB or Audi competition, no matter how bad the quality of new NX pics is.

And I did not specifically target you, sorry.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

Just like with every other KIA and Hyundai, you will be able to change your opinion once you sit in the vehicle. KIA and Hyundai are not new brands, we have these discussions every single time they release new model and no, they are not really Lexus or BMW or MB or Audi competition, no matter how bad the quality of new NX pics is.

Okay. So we are not allowed to compare Lexus to other brand or mention other brands. I will keep this is mind.

Such a shallow and narrow-minded bunch some of you are lol.

Surprised especially when the same people don't even own a Lexus or Toyota anymore.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions

...they are not really Lexus or ... competition,
You see this wrong, especially if we look at the EV's (Toyota/Lexus are behind this anyway).
We're not talking about the photos or the overall quality ...

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I'm digging that infotainment system. I now see why Mike has been saying it has some tricks up its sleeves. Way better than the Kia. Still looking forward to the reveal. the size of that infotainment system is perfect not obnoxious like tesla.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Isn't the unveiling today? I doubt Lexus really cares at this point.

This is a colossal screw up. The embargo is 11pm Friday night for a global reveal. It’s 2:30am EST and I’m sure everyone is asleep but Lexus has been alerted and won’t be happy.

To everyone’s credit, the embargo has been respected until now. No matter if it’s a mistake or not, it’s not good to do .

Levi

Expert
Reactions
This is a colossal screw up. The embargo is 11pm Friday night for a global reveal. It’s 2:30am EST and I’m sure everyone is asleep but Lexus has been alerted and won’t be happy.

To everyone’s credit, the embargo has been respected until now. No matter if it’s a mistake or not, it’s not good to do .
to avoid this, happens to all brands except Ferrari, the teaser should be once, the period (not precise date/time) announced shortly before reveal, and then press release online. if leak, immediately after.

mikeavelli

Reactions
to avoid this, happens to all brands except Ferrari, the teaser should be once, the period (not precise date/time) announced shortly before reveal, and then press release online. if leak, immediately after.

Each release is vastly complicated. Countless outlets and countries for a global reveal. As a professional there are some things you can’t make a mistake on.

Interesting to note both leaks were related to youtube mistakes. I assume the first one was not putting the video private and the second one was an 11pm release a day early.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Bad for the company getting leaked, good for us consumers to enjoy lol

Some quick thoughts
Exterior
- Not liking the front, the old one is more coherent and sharp
- Overall profile has Mazda vibe which I like
- Rear is decent but would be even nicer to have the light bar in one piece like the 2021 IS

Interior
- Huge plus, especially the steering wheel and shifter, very sporty and modern looking
- Electronic door handle??
- Can't tell if gauge cluster comes with different trim level with different size. The video looks to be an F sport version with relatively small screen
- Designated space for Qi wireless charging pad and USB-C!!!
- Ambient lighting on par with Mercedes lol
- Infotainment is finally up to date, however maybe it is the large size of the screen. Although not Tesla bad, I wish it is more well designed. I find the new EQS to be the gold standard of designing a touchscreen that flows within the interior. Another great example is Bentley's Continental GT for me