mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I agree it's real good. Graphite Mica has been one of my favorite achromatic paints on Lexus since it's debut. Smokey Granite on LC looks even more stunning. I love graphite colors on cars but I find them as safety issues on the road cause color blends with asphalt so good in some situations that you become invisible for a split second in eyes of upcoming drivers.

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
Just saw the new ones at a mall to sit in. I like the new look still aggressive and a little less boy racer. Want to know what the heck is going on with the potential 500 or F. Kind of would rather it be a 500 since going full F would prob be higher than I’d want to spend.

According to that one sole Japanese source the ISF was supposed to be announced in November. Disappointing really

Will1991

Reactions
Apparently a wagon version of the 3.5IS will show up in Tokyo Auto Saloon?

11260843_5fbeec144f453.jpg

image.png

I think it's a bit nonsense considering this IS isn't coming to Europe but still...

Motor

Expert
Reactions

In terms of performance, IS can’t match BMW horsepower-to-horsepower or lb-ft-to-lb-ft, but the Lexus Driving Signature is more than a new label, it’s a new feel, sharpness, and drivability some drivers may prefer to the BMW experience. While I often appreciate the razor sharp feel of a 3 Series, I found the IS to be very precise, but very smooth and easy to drive.

In the end, the 2021 Lexus IS may have what it takes to retain its older audience, and could very well pick up smart younger buyers who think of performance in terms other than pure power.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Nah it ain't coming. Just forget about it.

Genesis G70 gets a wagon (shooting brake) for facelift, eventhough they just revealed the QV70. Next generation Passat will have no sedan, only wagon version. It is not impossible. The IS is a facelift afterall, should not cost them much a wagon, in which case can truly increase sales even slightly. But if it is not coming to Europe...or maybe no IS sedan in Europe but wagon for Europe?

Reactions
Apparently a wagon version of the 3.5IS will show up in Tokyo Auto Saloon?

11260843_5fbeec144f453.jpg

image.png

I think it's a bit nonsense considering this IS isn't coming to Europe but still...

I have a crazy idea. The previous F10 5 series had a 5 series GT version which was essentially a slightly LWB version of the 5 series with a larger rear end, more rear seating space and a liftback instead of a sedan boot

What is a GT version of the 2021 Lexus IS? Essentially a resurrected Lexus GS. This will bring back Lexus fans who prefer the spaciousness of the midsize GS but find the LS too expensive/ostentatious/bulky.

An IS500 GT would go a long way towards fulfilling the demands of Lexus fans who wants a midsize RWD performance sedan without having to make an embarrassing public U turn about killing off the GS nameplate.

Will1991

Reactions
Apparently, it should be a 2023 Lexus IS:

w1200.jpg

Is the IS going to grow in size to replace the ES? Timing is about right... And remember... Nothing is sacred anymore...

I can't get any better picture, but is it possible to translate something?

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Apparently, it should be a 2023 Lexus IS:

w1200.jpg

Is the IS going to grow in size to replace the ES? Timing is about right... And remember... Nothing is sacred anymore...

If Lexus only had one sedan in their entire portfolio, it would be the ES. Nothing will replace it.

Reactions
Do you guys remember that short ES mule car that looked real funny earlier this year? That might have been the IS Wagon.