7) LF-1 Limitless concept
8) RC F 10th Anniversary Special Edition
9) GS F 10th Anniversary Special Edition
10) UX
11) UX Hybrid
12) RC F-Sport Black Line Special Edition
13) 7th-gen ES
14) 7th-gen ES Hybrid

That leaves 3 more to be introduced by the end of 2018. I think we've seen everything regarding new models. I'd guess the last 3 will be either special editions or concepts.

Special editions can come at any time and announced via the multiple official Lexus newsrooms and media sites. By my reckoning, though, only a trio of concept unveiling-worthy events and venues remain:

- Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance (Tuesday 21 August thru Sunday 26 August)
- Paris Motor Show (likely press days Tuesday 2 October and Wednesday 3 October)
- Los Angeles Auto Show (likely press days Wednesday 28 November and Thursday 29 November)
On the eve of the start of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance festivities, Lexus has announced a couple of debuts: the LC Inspiration Series Concept in Flare Yellow and the Custom Lexus UX 250h by VIP Auto Salon.

Should these be counted? It seems odd that the Flare Yellow LC for the U.S. is touted as a concept while its European LC Yellow Edition (or LC Limited Edition in the U.K.) counterparts are touted as limited production vehicles (with expected U.K. production numbers given). Having to count it once as a concept, only to count it again as a production model seems somewhere between silly and disingenuous. Notably, the Lexus USA Newsroom release states that "production timing of this unique LC is under consideration and will be announced at a later date".

As to the Custom UX 250h, does a concept carried out by traditional independent, third-party "friends of Lexus" VIP Auto Salon and Vossen Wheels count as a full-fledged Lexus concept? We'll say yes, at least for now, and amend the list thusly:

1) 5th-gen LS
2) 5th-gen LS Hybrid
3) LC Inspiration Series (Structural Blue)
4) RX L
5) RX L Hybrid
6) 2-row LX
10) UX
11) UX Hybrid
13) 7th-gen ES
14) 7th-gen ES Hybrid
15) LC Inspiration Series Concept (Flare Yellow)
16) Custom UX 250h by VIP Auto Salon

This leaves but a single pending debut by the end of the 2018 calendar year.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I still do not think that

Are really 15th & 16th

They must be international + the UX not even here

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I still do not think that

Are really 15th & 16th
At this point, and for now, I think they are. If more debuts than expected appear by the end of the year, however, we can always go back and remove them.

They must be international
Not necessarily. Granted, the majority of them are, but the 2-Row LX is strongly focused on North America. This whole list was started by Lexus USA.

+ the UX not even here
Both the UX and UX Hybrid are on the list, as numbers 10 and 11, respectively.

Perhaps we'll get further commentary and hints on the numbers if Lexus holds a press conference at Pebble Beach; or in early October when Lexus USA shares its Q3 2018 Sales Conference Call Notes.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
*we have in Russia and in Ukraine the 2 rows LX,

*UX not even here sales wise as the sales not even begin yet, I didn't mean not even in the list

but I agree with you to leave them and see if there will be new so we can replace them with the new or leave them as is if nothing new

We still have 4 months to go though

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
*we have in Russia and in Ukraine the 2 rows LX.
You're right. I'd forgotten that 2-Row LX was also being offered in Russia and Ukraine.

*UX not even here sales wise as the sales not even begin yet, I didn't mean not even in the list
Gotcha. UX is expected to go on sale in, at least Western Europe, Japan and North America by the end of this year (2018).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Nice work Joaquin!

There is one more confirmed vehicle I know of that I think launches this year.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Since it was introduced as a 2016 model, shouldn't the RX be refreshed for 2019? Seems doubtful at this point, but it's on schedule...

Reactions: RAL

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Since it was introduced as a 2016 model, shouldn't the RX be refreshed for 2019? Seems doubtful at this point, but it's on schedule...
Conventional wisdom says yes, but the RX L launch partway through the 2018 model year muddied the waters. That would mean that RX L would be on sale for just a few months before being facelifted. Further, the September 2018 print edition of Car and Driver magazine says that "the RX is unchanged for 2019".

My best guess at this point: a rehash of the 3RX playbook late in its life. In other words, 4RX will have a short 2019 model year, the facelift will be unveiled at one or more of the major winter/spring 2019 motor shows (Geneva, Shanghai and/or New York) and go on sale in May 2019 as an early 2020 model. Repeat for May 2020/2021 model year.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Conventional wisdom says yes, but the RX L launch partway through the 2018 model year muddied the waters. That would mean that RX L would be on sale for just a few months before being facelifted. Further, the September 2018 print edition of Car and Driver magazine says that "the RX is unchanged for 2019".

My best guess at this point: a rehash of the 3RX playbook late in its life. In other words, 4RX will have a short 2019 model year, the facelift will be unveiled at one or more of the major winter/spring 2019 motor shows (Geneva, Shanghai and/or New York) and go on sale in May 2019 as an early 2020 model. Repeat for May 2020/2021 model year.

You know what would be awesome? The new LS engine in the RX as an option..... it seems rather compact.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
You know what would be awesome? The new LS engine in the RX as an option..... it seems rather compact.
Maybe we'll see that happen in the 5th-gen RX. Heck, the way the world has gone crossover-crazy, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the future brings UX F, NX F and RX F models.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Maybe we'll see that happen in the 5th-gen RX. Heck, the way the world has gone crossover-crazy, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the future brings UX F, NX F and RX F models.

not everyone wants an F.. they need to add the engine without the F. I am sure they know that they do, well at least i hope so.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
The list now should have the RC refresh.
Nope. If you go back through this thread, you'll see that Lexus made it very clear that refreshes don't count in their list of 17 concepts, special editions and all-new or new-generation vehicles launched for 2018.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
On the eve of the start of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance festivities, Lexus has announced a couple of debuts: the LC Inspiration Series Concept in Flare Yellow and the Custom Lexus UX 250h by VIP Auto Salon.

Should these be counted? It seems odd that the Flare Yellow LC for the U.S. is touted as a concept while its European LC Yellow Edition (or LC Limited Edition in the U.K.) counterparts are touted as limited production vehicles (with expected U.K. production numbers given). Having to count it once as a concept, only to count it again as a production model seems somewhere between silly and disingenuous. Notably, the Lexus USA Newsroom release states that "production timing of this unique LC is under consideration and will be announced at a later date".

As to the Custom UX 250h, does a concept carried out by traditional independent, third-party "friends of Lexus" VIP Auto Salon and Vossen Wheels count as a full-fledged Lexus concept? We'll say yes, at least for now, and amend the list thusly:

1) 5th-gen LS
2) 5th-gen LS Hybrid
4) RX L
5) RX L Hybrid
6) 2-row LX
10) UX
11) UX Hybrid
13) 7th-gen ES
14) 7th-gen ES Hybrid

This leaves but a single pending debut by the end of the 2018 calendar year.

With the official Lexus USA Newsroom announcement of the LX Inspiration Series, it seems the list is complete. Here's how it stands:

1) 5th-gen LS
2) 5th-gen LS Hybrid
4) RX L
5) RX L Hybrid
6) 2-row LX
10) UX
11) UX Hybrid
13) 7th-gen ES
14) 7th-gen ES Hybrid
17) LX Inspiration Series

Although the LX 570 Inspiration Series is noted as a 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show debut, it is unclear as of this writing whether or not it will receive a dedicated press conference. (The full conference schedule is yet to be announced).

Also notable is that the LC Inspiration Series Flare Yellow is still referred to as a concept in the U.S. (including in the official Lexus Media Guide for the 2018 SEMA Show in Las Vegas), whereas it is billed as a limited-edition production vehicle for Europe.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Next year shall be even better as we shall see the next generations from both NX & IS in mid to late 2019

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Next year shall be even better as we shall see the next generations from both NX & IS in mid to late 2019
Sorry to disappoint you, but, per information posted on these forums by Carmaker1, next-gen NX and IS aren't due to enter production until July 2020 and go on sale in late 2020 as 2021 model year vehicles. Thus, don't expect them to be publicly unveiled until early 2020.