Lexus Prepares Track-Focused RC F GT Production Model

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by supra93, Jul 23, 2018.

1. supra93
    https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/lexus-rc-f-gt-spied-assortment-carbon-fiber-components/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. F1 Silver Arrows
    God damn it you beat me to it.

Also..... my heart is beating. See you stupid Lexus haters? Lexus has emotion!

3. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    #waitforit :)

Trexus and PeterF like this.
  4. bogglo
    Toyota is getting serious with their coupes. and I like it. LC, Supra, RC, GT86. all unique in their own way. And with the air blowing I think Lexus is cooking something and the aroma promises some with a great taste.

5. krew
    krew Administrator
    You've been following this car for a while!

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/04...ept-debuts-at-toyota-grand-prix-this-weekend/

Ian Schmidt, mikeavelli and PeterF like this.
  6. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    This is really exciting. Even if it's special order only, this would be a great way to turn around all of the negative press the RC has had since launch.

7. krew
    krew Administrator
    Berto3818 and PeterF like this.
  8. Joaquin Ruhi
    Joaquin Ruhi Staff Member Moderator
  9. PeterF
    2:43.2 is incredibly fast! just the Ford GT and Porsche 918 spider are faster, and only by .2 and .1 secs. I am really impressed. The estimated price tag is high ($250,000), but actually is very very competitive (cheaper) than the top competition. Lexus will have to overcome the negative biases, but the data speak for themselves. WOW!!!!

10. Faisal Sheikh
    It was not street legal so it did not have much of the safety equipment on it. The spyshot RCF I think, is a standard RCF (has full interior) with some suspension mods and from pictures it is clear, it has more aggressive MPS4S tires (than the stock MPSS tires my RCF has). It could possibly have more power up to 490 - 500 HP since it can be extracted very easily from this engine while complying with the emissions etc.

PeterF likes this.
  11. zeusus
    Is it my imagination? Or can I already hear the haters;

- Doesn't matter how much it weighs or how well it handles, the v8 is still over 10 years old!
    - Lexus is too fast and too performance oriented! Should stick to what they do best.
    - Stop trying to copy the sporty germans!
    - We don't need track focused cars, we need bigger back seats and trunk space!
    - Spindle is fugly, fix that before losing 800lbs!

12. maiaramdan
    Toyota finally is doing what the Germans are doing from long time ago, honestly what all the world was doing except them

Trexus and Berto3818 like this.
  13. Berto3818
    Very exciting times at lexus!!!! Things are definitely on the up and up. Better engines and engineering!!! Everybody been making a noise about the the LS and stuff and while some may be true I feel it’s better than the old.

14. carguy420
    Very exciting news! Though it probably won't be as extreme as the RC F GT Concept.

15. Berto3818
    I hope this revives the RC!!!

16. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    KREW I'm really excited for this one. I think it's going to really nail the handling bit that some reviews complain about, add a coolness factor and have some surprising hardware. What is fantastic is to also see the progress the Lexus Racing USA team is making and the RC F GT3 being raced overseas. With wins in SuperGT and Toyota in Lemans this is some great momentum!

Trexus, PeterF, krew and 1 other person like this.
  17. ssun30
    Don't really expect it to be at supercar level performance. The weight reduction and grip gains should be much more modest than the concept.

BTW what is the best road-legal semi slicks today?

18. Faisal Sheikh
    I don't think anyone is saying that. It will be more of a black series or the GTS equivalent of F sports cars. For the RCF, the racing slick available is Michelin Pilot Cup 2 tires. This RCF is wearing Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, which are more aggressive than the stock Super Sport my RCF came with, but less so than the Cup series tires. Overall, the stickiest barely street legal slick tires are Michelin Pilot Cup 2 R or Pirelli Corsa Trofeo R.

Hamed Al Ketbi, PeterF, krew and 2 others like this.
  19. mediumhot
    Yeah... you do not want Trofeos on your car unless you have the trailer waiting for you to take the car back home once it starts raining. You really have to nurse the throttle once road becomes wet, I've ended up in another lane by just pressing the throttle like if it was dry pavement and I was uphill to make matters even worse. I've craped my pants cause I've never thought something like this could happen.

20. Faisal Sheikh
    I won't get the Pilot Cup 2 on my RCF since they are too extreme for mostly street driving. I have seen amazing reviews of the Pilot Sport 4S. They are the best street tires. I hate my stock RCF Super Sport as Lexus fitted it with touring version (softer version for daily drivability). Pilot Sport 4S only are available in XL version with reinforced sidewalls so cannot wait to put those on.