The 2008 Lexus GX 470 has been added to the Lexus USA website, and as expected, the changes are minimal and completely cosmetic.
What has changed?
- New dark metallic finish on the front grille
- Chrome roof rack side rails
- Liquid graphite on the standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Clear rear combination lamp turn signal lens cover
- Two new exterior colors: Salsa Red Pearl and Desert Sage metallic
- New interior Brown Walnut wood trim and a chrome finish on the front door speaker grilles
Even as it nears the end of its lifecycle, the GX 470 is still a thoroughly modern -looking truck, and one of my favorites in the Lexus lineup. It never fails to impress me when I see one, and my hope is that the upcoming redesign (scheduled for 2009) doesn’t tinker too much. A more powerful engine, a redesigned interior maybe, but really, how much could they improve upon that exterior?