What's wrong with Infiniti?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Infiniti's fate is inevitable considering its parent company's decline. They went from 50% of Toyota's revenue in 2013 to about a quarter today. And they have lower per-car profit than Suzuki that mostly sell economy cars in developing markets. All Japanese car makers benefited from weak JPY this year but Nissan still only had 3.6% net margins compared to 12.4% of Toyota and 7.9% of Honda.

View attachment 7748

Very insightful thank you

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Concept previews latest evolution of INFINITI's daring design
  • Details inspired by INFINITI's Japanese heritage and emphasis on artistry
  • Design features latest developments of INFINITI double-arched grille and "digital piano key" lighting
1692292375431.jpeg

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It looks good. Swing this I regret Lexus did not make the TX look better, more luxurious., but maybe it is ok so…

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looks the same. Is the QX 80 about to get another refresh, or an all-new platform?

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
It looks good. Swing this I regret Lexus did not make the TX look better, more luxurious., but maybe it is ok so…
This is the LX rival but bigger.
Body on Frame based off the legendary Nissan Patrol (or the legendary Nissan Patrol has been based on this since 2010 - whatever way you look at it lol)

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Nissan coming for Toyota with these extended lifetime refreshes :eek::ROFLMAO:
Nothing has been confirmed yet but its not the first time they do this.
It's kind of obvious though. Not expecting anything like TNGA-F type change.
The Y61 Patrol was actually based on the y60 Patrol.
Also doesn't the current version of the QX trace its roots to 20 years ago with the first QX56?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I can only assume it'll be a heavy refresh of the existing platform just like the "new" Frontier.

Though it will be getting a ttV6 instead of the VK56. Kind of a shame but to be expected.. the VK56 (and VK50) in the M56/FX50s are beautiful motors

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Even Ford that sells millions of Rangers and F150, the new generation model are not on new platforms, so that to be expected. The QX80 is nothing to gain much from a new platform, current one is already a very well performing vehicle for its age, has IRS, does not really need off-road stuff, because unlike the Patrol, it is not a widespread off-road vehicle, though capable, but still very big. It is more about the engines, no diesel. I have to say I don’t get the thing in NA with petrol trucks. It does mot make sense to me.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Nothing has been confirmed yet but its not the first time they do this.
It's kind of obvious though. Not expecting anything like TNGA-F type change.
The Y61 Patrol was actually based on the y60 Patrol.
Also doesn't the current version of the QX trace its roots to 20 years ago with the first QX56?

So then this is a heavy refresh ala the 2021 IS then?

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
So then this is a heavy refresh ala the 2021 IS then?
it will be considered a new generation but I think it is still going to be based on the platform of the old one.

Not confirmed yet of course but I really doubt they will make an all new platform for it because it doesn't need one.

Toyota needed it with TNGA-F and its vast selection of BoF products, but Nissan doesn't really seem to need it with the BoF product lineup it has. Titan is being discontinued anyway and the Patrol/QX/Armada already share the same platform.

I am sure they will have made some nice improvements on the platform as well.

This thing will have some good sales, and will probably undercut the LX pricing too, though I would argue the LX will still end up being the better quality vehicle, even if it won't look as ''fancy'' on the surface.
QX80 will probably me more powerful too at launch but not for long if the LX700h ends up being a reality.

I know most people like to compare the LX to the Range Rover but this is the closest rival to the LX because deep down its a Nissan Patrol and the LX is a Land Cruiser, the rivalry between those two is like Camaro vs Mustang, legendary rivalry that dates back decades.

One thing I like about the LX though is it doesn't cut back on any of the LC off road goodies ( it doesn't have E-KDSS sure - but makes up for it with AHC) the QX80 on the other hand doesn't have the Patrol off road modes or rear locker and seems more road focused.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It's hard to really distinguish true remodels and heavy refreshes for BOF vehicles and not uncommon for one platform to have life time of 20 years. It just happens that Toyota chose to update the platform for this generation for global commonality and I won't be surprised if GA-F lives on till 2050.

The Z62 is a very good platform and hydraulic body motion control system is by far the most advanced suspension system on any offroader.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I'm not sold honestly... The front end is sharp but the body already looks quite tall and bloated for the concept. Now I'm picturing that in production form and idk.. not optimistic. (Regarding the EV sedan)