What's wrong with Infiniti?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Ghosn announced an EV in 2009

If they stuck with this plan they would be so far ahead. Infiniti was never going to be a serious ICE player, it made a ton of sense to restart the brand as an EV leader.

Wild

mikeavelli

Reactions

I would like to think partnering with BMW for a sports car is a great thing. Supra has sold and owners love it. Contrarily GM is not a leader in EV, Acura is just there so not sure how these products will be executed.

Toyota x BMW = Win Win
GM x Honda/Acura = Meh Meh

Also note Lexus was valued enough to not share with BMW or BMW didn’t want to share with Lexus. Not sure of the exact terms. Acura using GM parts is the Acura thing to do lol.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Respectfully Mike, i wouldnt count out their Ultium tech

I am not saying it’s bad. It isn’t class leading in anyway. Seems they can’t even build the Cadillac much yet. Good looking car to me. The RZ certainly isn’t a class leading EV outside of maybe being built like a tank.

Also of note with GM getting to use Tesla charging this to me is a good selling point. Acura and Honda haven’t stated yet will their cars use the same charging port. I would hope so, it makes sense.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I am not saying it’s bad. It isn’t class leading in anyway. Seems they can’t even build the Cadillac much yet. Good looking car to me. The RZ certainly isn’t a class leading EV outside of maybe being built like a tank.

Also of note with GM getting to use Tesla charging this to me is a good selling point. Acura and Honda haven’t stated yet will their cars use the same charging port. I would hope so, it makes sense.

Thats fair, i unfortunately cant go into detail, but GM and others are doing way more, and more further ahead looking stuff than people realize.

I actually know something about AMG, like the next next generation stuff being explored, but cannot say when we will begin to see it. There is real moonshot stuff going on.

Exciting times!

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
GM has been slacking for most of the last decade, but it's all coming out to have been worth it with all of their Ultium tech and cars coming out. They're in a significantly better position currently than Ford is. No need to rely on other brands for platform, unlike Ford which is using VW's MEB platform for all of their European EVs besides the Mach-E.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
GM is the third largest EV maker in the world after Tesla and BYD, though you may argue over half of those are ChDM kei cars.