Toyota Yaris Master Thread (Sedan & Hatch Discontinued for USA)

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Hmm... what's this little guy doing in Thailand and India? I really hope the less wealthy countries in this world like mine will eventually get subcompact/B-segment cars built on the GA-B platform, and don't get short-change by getting some watered down pile being built on crummy Daihatsu underpinnings like this wild rumour from a Filipino car website suggests https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto...w-toyota-vios-for-q3-2022-hybrid-in-2023.html , it doesn't even make sense that a car that has always been built on Toyota platforms, being developed by Toyota themselves and never had anything to do with Daihatsu would suddenly switch to a Daihatsu platform.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

Y'all like big wings😂? Looks like Toyota is going to make a more amazing version of the GR Yaris.

I feel like Toyota will build as many GR Yaris as they can as long as there's the demand for it, rather than built just 25,000 units and then calling it a day. I also can't wait for the GR Corolla.

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

Levi

Expert
Reactions
looks like toyota will rebadge a fair number of cars for other brands, now being mazda, suzuki and subaru. interesting what the new mx5 will be. but this also gives credence to lexus/mazda rwd platform. if true, i think lexus will be way more involved in the platform than toyota was with bmw z4 platform.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Never understood the hype around Hyundai's pace mid-season. They were fast because Toyota drivers were road cleaning. Hyundai managed this season very poorly. The media tried to portray it as a close fight but never was. Toyota won 75% of the rallies. Last year was much closer.

Next year will be a reset with all the rule changes. Hopefully the title fight is closer.