Toyota C-HR (New, Cheaper LE/XLE Trims Added for 2019)

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
They are trying anything to maintain sales and not lose their dealer network i guess... you can see how bad the situation is in Europe, when Mazda and Suzuki outsell Honda 2 to 1.

They sell around 140k vehicles per year in 27 countries vs 750k for Toyota.

They did try in last few years with some special diesel engines, it did not work out... Gotta build it for Europe and it likely does not make financial sense for them to go all in, hence product portfolio that is quite niche.
Honda's downhill in Europe started in 2014-2015. What happened? Well, they stopped selling two most important vehicles in Europe: Civic (EU spec) and Accord. No manufacturer can compete without these models. Nissan and Honda are playing very dangerous gamble by offering only SUVs and compact cars. Why did Toyota grow in Europe? They made Avensis and Auris just for Europe.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Honda's downhill in Europe started in 2014-2015. What happened? Well, they stopped selling two most important vehicles in Europe: Civic (EU spec) and Accord. No manufacturer can compete without these models. Nissan and Honda are playing very dangerous gamble by offering only SUVs and compact cars. Why did Toyota grow in Europe? They made Avensis and Auris just for Europe.

Honda was never big in Europe though, but yes, difference between Toyota and Honda was 3x before, now it is Toyota having 5x sales:
http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/honda/
http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/toyota/

(EU data)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Very cool. Thank you for sharing! I guess that lines up well with the UX trademark we saw... was it UX 200e or something similar?

flexus

Admirer
Reactions

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Is both CHR and Izoa getting EV? ALPHARD 埃尔法的HEV车型、全新MPV车型将首次亮相中国市场。What this part says? Does the all new MPV (flagship?) for Chinese market refer to Alphard or Lexus MPV or completly new model?

Alphard hybrid is coming to China and both CHRs will get EV, i think they operate in differents part of country.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
Is both CHR and Izoa getting EV? ALPHARD 埃尔法的HEV车型、全新MPV车型将首次亮相中国市场。What this part says? Does the all new MPV (flagship?) for Chinese market refer to Alphard or Lexus MPV or completly new model?
yes,chr and izoa both get ev model;
new mpv is vellfire(威尔法) hev,now alphard 3.5L is sold in gac-toyota store,(and this year late alphard hev will take place of 3.5L model),vellfire hev will be sold in faw-toyota store…
this picture introduce new vehicle plan for faw-toyota in 2019…last one is tnga RAV4…
7E8F9931-E7DB-44AD-834F-2DAD7D4ECDDA.jpeg

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Sucks that I will miss the launch events, I will be in the U.S. during that time.

Interesting that both the Alphard and Vellfire will lose the 3.5L V6 options, which I suppose will become a Lexus LM exclusive. Makes a lot of sense though since now Lexus wants that fat profit.

Last edited:

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Toyota announces that today the company premiered its C-HR and IZOA battery electric vehicles (BEVs) as part of its activities on the opening day of Auto Shanghai 2019. The C-HR and IZOA will be the first BEVs to launch in China under the Toyota brand. Sales on the new models are slated to start from 2020.

Reactions
Refresh this year for Chr or until model year 2021? I would like the chr to gain the 2.0 liter dynamic force engine from the corolla to replace its current engine. Would also like to see a hybrid be offer. Awd too finally. Both full led headlights and taillights too. All this for the Us market. That will be a worthy refresh.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Refresh this year for Chr or until model year 2021? I would like the chr to gain the 2.0 liter dynamic force engine from the corolla to replace its current engine. Would also like to see a hybrid be offer. Awd too finally. Both full led headlights and taillights too. All this for the Us market. That will be a worthy refresh.

all of that could happen, but it would then have $5k higher price... so it would be more expensive than some reasonable Rav4 trims.

Which is why it wont happen for US market.

Europe should get higher power engine as option later this year, should be a facelift.

Will1991

Reactions
Captura-de-ecr-2019-04-21-s-22-35-25.png

Full digital display, seems nice :)

Captura-de-ecr-2019-04-21-s-22-36-20.png

Prismatic cells, nothing new as they're the chosen format for all the batteries
Maybe 60kWh? (11 modules with something like 32 cells each)
AirCooled, better than Leaf but I see it as an limitation to rapid charging, should top out at 100kWh like Leaf e+

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Toyota C-HR Carves Out Its Own Niche for 2020 with New Exterior Styling
What happens when Toyota designers blend sport coupe, hatchback and compact crossover? The boldly expressive, fun to drive and utterly unique C-HR happens. The C-HR’s standout design brings an updated look for 2020 with a restyled front fascia, LED headlamps and new wheel designs. There’s more pure Toyota value, too, with all three grades – LE, XLE and Limited – adding new amenities.

The Toyota C-HR broke new design ground for the automaker, which applied new manufacturing techniques to take a highly sculpted concept-car body design into production while preserving its essence. The result melds sport coupe personality with crossover versatility.

The C-HR comes equipped with standard Toyota Safety Sense P™ (TSS-P), a multi-feature advanced active safety suite that bundles Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beams (AHB), and Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC).

The STAR Safety System comes with: Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology® (SST). Also complementing TSS-P are 10 standard airbags, standard Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC) and a rear backup camera. Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert is standard on the XLE and Limited models.

6f719e57-2020-toyota-c-hr-euro-spec-1.jpg

10e212cc-2020-toyota-c-hr-euro-spec-3.jpg

^European C-HR with 181 HP hybrid.

American spec...
0d457292-2020-toyota-c-hr-us-spec-3.jpg

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Very nice update, all it needed. Would be perfect with longitudinally mounted V4 and short front overhang.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
...Would be perfect with longitudinally mounted V4 and short front overhang.

Then it would no longer be a C-HR. It would be a completely different vehicle, with a completely new engine on a different (assumed RWD) platform.